Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st January 2019, 12:09

schwarze-man is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe Aircraft and Engine servicing records?

Can anyone help with some info about Luftwaffe documentation for Aircraft and Engine servicing records please? During the time that we restored and operated the Bf109G Black-Six, we used RAF paperwork recording and then, UK Civil standard. The Luftwaffe obviously had a comprehensive method of recording the work done and the servicing history. Does anyone here have any leads on this front please? I can envisage that there would be a document that showed the aircraft preparation for a flight, fuel/oil/ammunition/load etc and, I expect there would be a logbook for each aircraft that held a comprehensive amount of detail. Perhaps engine logs were held more centrally, with a resume in the aircraft log? Basically, I do not know how the Luftwaffe organised their aircraft engineering records and, I would be grateful if anyone has some detail and can post some information about this? I would presume that the basic system was similar across the aircraft types?
Thanks for anyone who can help!
Happy New-Year to everyone!

SM

Last edited by schwarze-man; 1st January 2019 at 12:59.