Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 15th July 2018, 13:14

Hans Weber is on a distinguished road
A.D.I. (K) Report No. 398/1945 A Short History of KG 200

Hello
About a year ago I ordered a copy of the above report based on the interrogation of Obstlt. Randel-Semper at the NAUK in Kew. Unfortuantely. the report filed at the archive was incomplete and contains only pages 1-6. This has since led to the following disclaimer: http://discovery.nationalarchives.go...ls/r/C11227280.
Is there anyone who could tell me where to look for the complete item? Thanks for any input.

Cheers
Hans
Old 15th July 2018, 13:48
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: A.D.I. (K) Report No. 398/1945 A Short History of KG 200

My copy seems to be complete, ending with paragraph 41. Tell me where your ends and I'll post the missing page(s) here.

What I have is a transcription of the original and I've had it so long that I can't remember where I got it (maybe from J. Richard Smith). Possibly the text was typed from a microfilm held in America because they declassified the ADI(K) reports a long time before Britain did.
Old 15th July 2018, 14:01

Thanks a lot, Nick. Mine ends with paragraph 38 being complete. So maybe it's just one page missing, then.
Hans
Old 15th July 2018, 14:13

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough

Nick - Martin Pegg transcribed it many years ago from one of the AFHRA microfilms so this is possibly what you have.

I've scanned my copy. It comes out to just under 1MB so too large to post here but I'm happy to send this to Hans if he sends me a PM with his e-mail address.
Old 15th July 2018, 14:20
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Weber View Post
Thanks a lot, Nick. Mine ends with paragraph 38 being complete. So maybe it's just one page missing, then.
Hans
Paragraphs 39–41 attached.
Old 15th July 2018, 15:35

Many thanks, that was very kind and helpful of you all.
Cheers
Hans
Old 15th July 2018, 17:05

Gents

Is there some more on the Orbat of IV./KG 200 as contained in Gellermann's Moskau ruft Heeresgruppe Mitte:

13. Staffel (Sonderverband Einhorn)
14. Staffel (SO-Männer)
15. Staffel (Schleppversuch)
16. Staffel (Ergänzung)

I'm asking this because the fieldpost numbers seem to imply that the 15. Staffel was the former 5. Staffel, which was aka the SO-Staffel. The former 6. Staffel used the same fieldpost number as 14. Staffel. 6. Staffel was the Kochgerät Staffel according to Randel-Semper and as this unit was involved with glider experiments using Go 242, it would make more sense that their flying personnel would continue as a glider tug experimenting squadron after giving up the paratroopers of their command to the Fallschirm-Jäger Armee. Is there any source confirming my suspicion that 15. Staffel and not 14. Staffel was the SO-Staffel other than Thomas/Ketley KG 200 The Luftwaffe's Most Secret Unit, p. 128 listing Hptm. (Gerhard) Raschke the successor of Lange of SO-fame as squadron leader (albeit with a question mark) and the fact that 15. Staffel seems to have completely vanished by the end of the war from the records (Thomas/Ketley, p. 150), as one would suspect if it was the SO-Squadron, long disbanded by then? And is there on the other hand also proof that the gliders and glider tugs still listed in their inventory were indeed in 15. and not 14. Staffel? I have to point out that the fieldpostnumbers involved here are confirmed only for the period starting with Dec. 4th 1944, switching from II./KG 200 squadrons to IV./KG 200 in January 1945 which is not exactly helpful, because it could imply that we are actually already dealing with the "new" II. Gruppe (Mistel unit, former III./KG 66) here, handing over men to IV./KG 200. This actually seems to have been the case once this passage in P.W. Stahl Geheimgeschwader 200 is corrected: Ebenfalls im November 1944 wurde eine IV./KG 200 aufgestellt. Diese Gruppe sollte nun zuständig sein für das gesamte Schulungs- und Ausbildungswesen des Geschwaders. Das Personal stammte vorwiegend aus der früheren III./KG 200 (recte: III./KG 66), welche II. Gruppe geworden war.
loosely translated:
Also in November 1944, a new IV./KG 200 was formed. This Gruppe was to be responsible for all the concerns of education and training of the Geschwader. Its personnel mainly came from the former III./KG 200 (correct this to III./KG 66), which had became the II.Gruppe.
Cheers
Hans
Old 15th July 2018, 18:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Gents

Is there some more on the Orbat of IV./KG 200 as contained in Gellermann's Moskau ruft Heeresgruppe Mitte:

13. Staffel (Sonderverband Einhorn)
14. Staffel (SO-Männer)
15. Staffel (Schleppversuch)
16. Staffel (Ergänzung)
Cheers
Hans
There's this which I got from an organisation diagram at the Bundesarchiv in Freiburg:
http://www.ghostbombers.com/kf4/West/kg200org.html
Old 15th July 2018, 19:00

Thanks for the link and the chart. So this is what Gellermann based his information on, I presume.
Cheers
Hans
Old 15th July 2018, 20:05
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the link and the chart. So this is what Gellermann based his information on, I presume.
Cheers
Hans
That's possible. I found this document (in BA-MA RL 2 III/64) on the same visit to Germany that I bought Gellermann's book.