Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 15th July 2015, 03:34

Edward L. Hsiao is on a distinguished road
Question Lyndon O. Marshall

Gentlemen,

Lyndon O. Marshall won the Distinguished Service Cross during WWII for shooting down four Japanese planes in a single sortie. Anymore information about him please? Did he had any probables over Japanese planes as well? What was his highest rank in the USAF before he retired?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao
Old 20th December 2017, 08:50

Edward L. Hsiao is on a distinguished road
Re: Lyndon O. Marshall

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know about Marshall's military career?

Edward L. Hsiao
Old 20th December 2017, 18:56
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Edward

Looking into the 'Bible' of US victory claims in WW 2 (Frank Olynyk's published works) 1Lt Marshall claimed 5/1/1

1 Tojo 13 March 1944
4 Oscar/Tojo 5 April 1944 plus one probable and one damaged

I don't have his 'Ace' book (which I now consider a mistake) so I can't say if he states his entire USAAF (USAF?) career in there.

If Frank fails to read your request, you can always try to send him a PM.

Cheers
Stig
Old 20th December 2017, 19:45
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road

Stig,
There are 20 copies listed on ABEBooks. Some reasonably priced trade editions, some rather high. Also reasonably and unreasonably priced copies of the limited edition. You might look for a book dealer in England, to reduce the trans-Atlantic postage charges; the book is heavy.

Edward:

With respect to Marshall I have very little on him post war. As far as I know he left the Air Force at the end of the war. He died on December 6, 2010, in Montour Falls, New York.

I really hate regurgitating the contents of Stars and Bars when there are copies available from the usual used book sources, even Amazon. Especially true when I am deeply submerged in A History of the Mediterranean Air War. Volume 4 at this point, with my eye on the remaining volumes. And research on additional subjects of interest to me, like getting my Victory Lists back in print, and adding some others. And maybe even an update to S&B.

Enjoy!

Frank.