Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Old 15th June 2019, 10:09

azapf1972 is on a distinguished road
Friedemann Schell

Gentlefolks,

I have sad news to pass: those of us who have known Friedemann Schell may have been aware that he was sick and hard to reach over the past months. When I last visited him in April, it was quite clear that the time he had left was only a short one.

Friedemann passed away May 21, 2019 and has been laid to rest at the cemetery in Albershausen - the town where he lived.

Those of us that knew him know that we have a lost a great and helpful Luftwaffe researcher, a kind man if one got to know him closer and a dear friend for many years. Everyone of us has his own quirks - that makes some of us challenging to deal with. But if we manage to look past the obvious, we often find a gem hidden below.

Farewel, my friend, and always blue skies.

Publications: JG3 - Eastern Front 1941 (eBook) - Nachtjagd mit Messerschmitt Bf 109 und Me 262 (Paperback, German)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” - (George Santayana)
Old 15th June 2019, 10:19
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Friedemann Schell

Sad-I had not heard from him for some time. Now I know why