Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 12th March 2005, 01:42

veltro is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb ANR Camouflage & Markings new book: errata corrige

Our book about the Camouflage and Markings of the ANR is starting to be delivered here in Italy and I guess that the same is happening in Europe and UK, as well as in the US and elsewhere.

However, since several Italian readers have already contacted us to underline a graphic problem which is present in the copies seen so far, I had to check personally once received my copy.

This happened today and I managed to verify that there is a graphic quality issue affecting the colour tables of pages 109, 115, 118 and 124. These (three colour profiles and one top & bottom plan-view) look as if printed in a lower resolution, resulting in "saw-toothed" outlines.

Since all the graphics supplied by us to the publisher were of high quality, we do regret deeply that this happened during some of the final phases and both I and my colleague Gabriele Valentini have decided - starting from now - to put at disposal of the readers a folder on-line containing the original quality files of the three profiles and the plan-view affected by the graphic problem, all at 300 dpi in JPG format at 10/12 quality level and of the same size of those published.

In this way every reader will be able to download and print them in pristine quality.

Furthermore, the bottom plan-view of page 31 must be replaced with the one included in the folder.

The address of the folder is:

http://users.libero.it/f.damico/ANR_CM/

We hope that this can solve (albeit partially) the unfortunate issue and, although the authors are not involved at all in it, we'd like to express our most sincere apologies.

I hope that Ruy and you all will forgive if I choose this place for posting the info, but I thought it was the best one.

Thanks for your attention and patience

Sincerely

Ferdinando D'Amico

Ferdinando D'Amico
Old 12th March 2005, 13:29

Pierre Alfaro
Thanks Ferdinando.
I just received my copy from Midland Counties Publications and I noticed this issue.
Don't worry, your book is great and an invaluable source of informations.
Old 27th August 2005, 20:50

Clare
Re: ANR Camouflage & Markings new book: errata corrige

I am late to add my comments but I can agree all the good comments received. I reviewed the book for the IPMS/USA web site and was very impressed with the book. It not only has info for the avid modeler but is also a great reference for the history buff. Great job and thanks for the updated graphics. They make a great book even better.
Clare