Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 3rd November 2018, 00:44

Sirkmicky is on a distinguished road
Search for Bodenplatte Ebay photos

In 2012 there were unique photos from Operation Bodenplatte German airplane crashsites for sale on Ebay. Those photos originated from a scrapbook of Cpl. Howard R. Dow from the 820th Engineer Aviation Battalion (EAB), who were at that time stationed at the Y-32 advanced landing ground in Ophoven (Opglabbeek) Belgium. I would be immensly happy to see some high detail scans (as clear as can be) of just the surroundings like houses, woods, people, … The complete photo is not necessary! I’m only looking for something recognizable at the horizon/landscape to confirm my thoughts.

If the buyers from 2012 would be so kind to help me with this, I would be very very grateful! And maybe together we can solve some more exact crashlocations from Bodenplatte! You can always contact me in private if you like.

Details from other photos from German airplanes which crashed on Operation Bodenplatte in the direct surroundings of Y-29 (Asch) and Y-32 are also welcome ofcourse!
Old 3rd November 2018, 01:53
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Search for Bodenplatte Ebay photos

No photos, but perhaps this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqwDwr-T4KI
Old 3rd November 2018, 09:31
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

Assuming the buyer is on this board. Suggest you PM John Manhro
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:47

Sirkmicky is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. John has already been helpful.