Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 6th August 2021, 18:29

Dave Somerset is on a distinguished road
Lt Alfred Dahlinger 7./KG6

This is a message for those among you who collect photographs, especially the ones of crashed Luftwaffe aircraft.

On 8 June 1944 a Ju 188 A-2 was shot down by a Mosquito of RAF 29 Squadron near Bretigny and crashed at Marolles-en-Hurepoix. Werk# 180450, code 3E+CR and the pilot was Lt Alfred Dahlinger. There is a combat report filed by Fl/Lt Barry and Sub/Lt Porter (RN) who were in the Mosquito.

I have been contacted by Lt Dahlinger’s nephew, Christian. He believes some photographs of the crashed Ju 188 were taken at the time and would like to add them to his research into the incident. I suggested trying here but his registration has been blocked, "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator".

The word photographs here includes cine gun film taken by the Mosquito crew as the combat report indicates some was obtained.

If anybody has the photographs or knows where they can be accessed then please could he/she email Christian Dahlinger direct at chdahlinger@hotmail.com

Many thanks from both of us.
Old 6th August 2021, 19:49
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lt Alfred Dahlinger 7./KG6

If photos were taken, they would have been taken by the Germans if they had the time! There is nothing in the KG 6 Chronik apart from a photo of Dahlinger-maybe Jan Horn's book has more?
Old 12th August 2021, 18:12

Dave Somerset is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chris. I was never in any doubt that the photographer if there was one would have been German. There are heaps of photographs out there taken by Germans and I know lots of people collect them. I wonder what became of the photographs acquired for the Eagles over Europe project?

I never managed to get Volume 1 of Jan Horn's Wir flogen gen Westen but Volume 2 is in my collection. I gather there's another title out now more up to date and Christian's bought that one.

I still hope somebody might come forward with photographs taken at Marolles-en-Hurepoix. Maybe a French contributor has them? We're looking at cine gun film as a separate issue.
Old 12th August 2021, 19:12
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

The longer the war went on, the less the photos as time, availability of photographic paper and a will to take photos influenced. As to camera gun film, it is matter of luck if they still exist as night films were pretty unexciting and tended to be stills of the coup de grace
Old 12th August 2021, 23:06

Peter T is on a distinguished road

I fully agree with Chris, I have done a lot of research on KG 6, never saw any picture from that crash. I wish you a lot of luck.

Tags
cine gun film, photographs