Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 29th October 2021, 12:18
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Re: Has Eagles over Europe project folded and images beeing sold off?

This is far from clear. But I do not have direct interest here, just that this work crosses grossly over, overlaps, to what I (and most probably many others researchers too) have been doing over/after all these years. I must belive they were consulted?

Does not say who or how the EoE project was traded or sold, who the buyer(s) were and how they are going re-inburse the older contributors, or who holds copyright to the artwork (?) or the remaining data or images.
Just free copies or nothing?

Eggert

Last edited by edNorth; 29th October 2021 at 14:29. Reason: edited
Old 29th October 2021, 13:45
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

There were many (no me directly) involved in this project and following Madison's post, no doubt one of them will respond further. As far as the material, all that is being sold are photos from Larry's collection (as stated by Madison) but I know they have all been scanned by the team.
Old 29th October 2021, 14:22
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Vague-ness has me slightly on the worried side of the pony.
I feel (and know some) that want know, more, and now, how that "team" was selected. Qualifications or eagerness set aside.
I am asking as over 10 years have gone by (with how much progress?) and if all legal matters have been settled, death aside, RIP,
or all up for grabs, per Soviet Union 1990s. Modest request is that this be cleared up in open air and no shady deals in smoke filled backrooms.
With no prior announcement, except in close circles, selling off whatever conditions, just confirms my view on this. But why do I bother?
Old 29th October 2021, 16:48
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
I feel (and know some) that want know, more, and now, how that "team" was selected … I am asking as over 10 years have gone by (with how much progress?) and if all legal matters have been settled, death aside, RIP
I doubt if these are his family's biggest concerns just at the moment.
Old 29th October 2021, 17:58
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Vagueness is sometimes required. Over time, material is collected, various people are involved, and much behind the scenes work needs to be done.

I have been directly involved in projects that are 10 years old and older. It is best that people outside of those directly involved in a project not hear
anything about it until shortly before actual publication. I work in an industry that is highly reactive to valid criticisms. On a private industry mailing list
of which I am a member, no one posts comments that can be taken the wrong way.

Best,
Ed
Old 29th October 2021, 19:13
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwest2 View Post
Vagueness is sometimes required. Over time, material is collected, various people are involved, and much behind the scenes work needs to be done.

I have been directly involved in projects that are 10 years old and older. It is best that people outside of those directly involved in a project not hear
anything about it until shortly before actual publication.
I work in an industry that is highly reactive to valid criticisms. On a private industry mailing list
of which I am a member, no one posts comments that can be taken the wrong way.

Best,
Ed

That's all well and good, Ed. However, the moot point is that those INSIDE the Project were basically being shut out by others who were 'closer' to the main man!

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!
Old 29th October 2021, 20:02
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

No I don't wish to escalate the discussion, but (John) I cannot help being curious.

I know it's probably one of the sins of mankind even if not on the top 10 list in the Bible...but your answer makes me even more curious....

With the amount of published work escalating on the year 1940 I had more and more began to feel this enormous work was getting rather bypassed somehow.

What is really lacking (in my files anyhow) is a really good "final" book on the Polish campaign and its aftermath and I would certainly be willing to buy such a book. So perhaps our Polish friends can advise if this is going to happen or not.

And, guys, please don't start WW 3 on this behalf. If there in fact is anything to say, keep to the facts and nothing else, OK?

Cheers
Stig
Old 29th October 2021, 20:11
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vasco View Post
That's all well and good, Ed. However, the moot point is that those INSIDE the Project were basically being shut out by others who were 'closer' to the main man!

I understand but the outside world has no need to know.

Respectfully,
Ed

Tags
eagles over europe, ju 88