Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 29th April 2006, 12:25

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Battle of Britain in German book published during WW II

I'm looking for a German book published during WW II and which features - among other things - some of the accomplishments by ZG 26 during the Battle of Britain in quite some detail. I remember that it contained some descriptions of the air fighting on 18 August 1940, when ZG 26 was credited with 51 victories.

Several years ago I saw this book in a German second hand bookstore. Due to some strange reason, I never bought it. Now that I'm about to go looking for it, I can't even remember the title. If anyone can recognise the book, I'd be most grateful.

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 4th May 2006, 01:24

Klaus Schiffler
Re: Battle of Britain in German book published during WW II

I have a book about ZG 76 written by a war correspondent:

Benno Wundshammer's Flieger-Ritter-Helden: Mit dem Haifischgeschwader in Frankreich und andere Kampfberichte.

I believe he was later killed during the war.
Old 4th May 2006, 09:22

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Re: Battle of Britain in German book published during WW II

Thank you very much! Yes, that's the one! I just ordered it from a second-hand book store. Would you be able to help me, should I not be able to get hold on that book?

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/