Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th February 2011, 13:31
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Hello to all,

After having spent hundreds of hours in preparing my first book and decal sheet, I am glad to announce that both will soon be available via my own website www.vintageeagle.com, which went online for the first time yesterday. You will find there many preview photos of both the book and decal sheet! The book contains photos of captured German WWII aircraft in 1944/45. Each photo/aircraft was meticulously researched and is described in detailed.

At this point, I want to express my thanks to all of TOCH's members who have helped me preparing the book. Without your help and information it would not have been possible. I will do my best to mention everybody who has helped by name. I have yet to compile this big list, but I promise that it will both be published in the book and here in the announcement, when the book is ready to be ordered.

VINTAGE EAGLE PUBLISHING: ... was established in 2011 in Switzerland by Roger Gaemperle and offers high quality WW2 pictorial reports and decal sheets for scale models. My first publication ‘Captured Eagles Vol. I’ presents a fine selection of more than 80 previously unpublished photographs of German aircraft taken by Allied soldiers at the end of World War 2 when they swept across Europe towards Berlin. Decal sheets for the most attractive aircraft shown in the book will also be available. Both the book and decal sheet should be ready for shipping by the second quarter of 2011 and can be bought via www.vintageeagle.com or - later - via selected distributors.

GET INFORMED: ... if you like to receive an e-mail as soon as the book is ready in our online shop, you can subscribe to the newsletter here: http://www.vintageeagle.com/newsletter/subscriptions

BOOK: The book will also contain eight color profiles created by the renowned aviation artist Simon Schatz. David Brown helped a lot in determining the camouflage colors. There are various aircraft types such as Bf 109 G/K, Fw 190 A/D, Ju 88 A/G/T, Ju 188, Me 410, Me 262, He 162, Ju 290, He 111, He 219, etc. Highlights include a previously unknown Fw 190 D-13 and the first photographic proof that the Ju 88 G-7 actually entered production at the end of the war! Each photo was well researched and is described in detail. If new information comes to light, you will find it in our Update section.

DECALS: A decal sheet for the four most attractive aircraft shown in the book (2x Fw 190, 1x Bf 109, 1x He 162) will also be available in 1/32 and 1/48 scale. Stencils and smaller markings are supplied on a high quality dry transfer decal sheet (printed by Hobbydecal from Korea), while national markings, tactical codes and emblems are supplied on a high quality waterslide decal sheet (printed by Cartograf from Italy). Each stencil and decal was meticulously researched and prepared specifically for these four aircraft. The 12 page manual includes detailed description about how to use both wet and dry transfer decals, where to place the decals onto the model and how the camouflage scheme of each aircraft looked like.

UPDATES: You will be able to discuss each photo in our book at our Update section at our website. Every single photo that was published in one of Vintage Eagle's books has its own page. Every visitor can comment and/or share his knowledge. Thereby, you have always access to the latest information, amendments and/or corrections.

ALBUM: From time to time, we will publish previously unknown photos from our personal collection at our Album section.

Last but not least, if you like the concept please spread the word and tell your friends.

Best regards,
Roger