Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th April 2020, 10:44

aerodieppe is on a distinguished road
Bauleitung der Luftwaffe

Hello,

I am looking for information about "Bauleitung der Luftwaffe" in general and more particularly on that of towns Quiberville and Pourville sur Mer which were close to Dieppe in Normandy in Seine Maritime (old, Seine Inferieure).
Thank you for your answers.

Best regards
Francois
Old 5th April 2020, 11:30

ghostwriter is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Bauleitung der Luftwaffe

hello francois,

found this:

Quote:
The Luftwaffe construction units were immediately subordinated to the air base regional commands, the Koflug, their use directed by its Field Works Office (Feldbauamt), and at the local air base by its Works Superintendent's Office (Bauleitung), composed of technical military officials. On the Luftgau level, a special staff officer (Stobau), later commander, of the construction units were in charge. In the Reichsluftfahrtministerium an inspector of construction units supervised the technical and military training, and the appropriate use, of the construction units and the pioneers.
source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luft...truction_units

best regards
marc
Old 5th April 2020, 22:10

Re: Bauleitung der Luftwaffe

Good evening
Thank you very much for the link.

Best regards
François
Old 14th February 2021, 11:17

Flak school - Flak-Schule - Quiberville - France - Seine inférieure

I discovered that it was not an aerodrome in Quiberville sur Mer but a Flak school.
Do you have any information?
Thank you in advance.
Francois
Old 14th February 2021, 17:39
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

More precisely, it was:

Flakschiessplatz Quiberville, which was commanded by Hptm. Dr. Dietrich Max Ostermünchner from 1941 to January 1942. It appears that it was then disbanded and its activities taken over by Flakschiessplätze in Holland and Belgium. It addition to firing practice, I believe some short courses of up to 3 weeks duration were also offered.

The "Flak School" for that part of the occupied West was:

Luftgauflakartillerieschule Belgien/Nordfrankreich, which was located at Antwerpen from 1941 to September 1944. From 1942 to October 1944, it was designated Feld-Flakartillerieschule 30 (West). It was commanded by (in chronological order): Oberst Ernst Bachmann, Oberst Alfred Kuprian, and Obstlt. Walter Höhne. Many courses and much training were given here.

L.

Last edited by Larry deZeng; 14th February 2021 at 17:41. Reason: grammatical correction.
Old 14th February 2021, 20:56

Thanks for all the details.
Best regards,
Francois