Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 14th October 2016, 17:49

waterloo is on a distinguished road
Uffz. Fritz Caspari JG 3

Hello,
I'm looking for information about the Uffz. Fritz Caspari from the 9. / JG3.
He is listed in various internet lists as the winner over an I-16 on 27 July 1941. Are other victorys known to him?
Thanks and best regarads
waterloo
Old 15th October 2016, 11:45
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Uffz. Fritz Caspari JG 3

Hi Waterloo

This guy is more than a little obscure. Just that one claim at 1215 hrs. Have not been able to find any other data on him, so no loss date. I should imagine that he became a training instructor, though I do have details on a few pilots that were just not actual pilots claiming i.e no pilots license !!! He may of course returned to combat during 1945, in which case without a flugbuch it's almost impossible to say if he claimed later, and very unlikely if he claimed again before 1945.

Kind Regards

Johannes
Old 16th October 2016, 22:29

waterloo is on a distinguished road

Hallo Johannes,
thanks for the reply.
in the book "Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg / Klaus Patzwall" I found a Unteroffizier Friedrich Caspari , Flugzeugführer. He gets the goblet on 20.7.1942
Best regards
waterloo
Old 17th October 2016, 09:29
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about

Hallo Waterloo

Regarding "the cup", I have the book, but it doesn't list which unit he flew with, so likely to be somebody else sharing the same name, but just can't say. You would think he'd have needed to have done much more in the achievement front to warrant the award.......perhaps he became a ground-attack pilot, if so most likely outside of JG 3. The Schlacht claims for the individual staffel are almost completely missing. I'll check Schlacht losses, but this is Matti's expertise!

Kind Regards

Johannes