Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Old 20th May 2022, 17:07
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
The problem with dealing with anyone on the internet

Gentlemen,

I am appalled at the bad behavior I sometimes see on the internet. If people, meaning actual people, could get together in a room,
get to know each other and have decent, meaning civil conversations, that would be normative. As it stands, I see too much uncivil behavior.

To expand on that, imagine the following. A group of experts are in a meeting and all and sundry can walk in unannounced,
spew nonsense and then leave. Or worse, keep returning to spew more nonsense.

Imagine sitting in your home and a total stranger walks in, empties a bag of trash and then leaves.

Normative means normal, but the bad characters have unfettered access to this and other forums. A way needs to be found to eliminate this, and needless misunderstandings.

Regards,
Ed
Old 21st May 2022, 13:53
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: The problem with dealing with anyone on the internet

Ed, good morning.

In 2019 I returned to France, after living 4 years in that Country (that I love as much as my own Country) and after more than 30 years away...and I was astonished to see the decay in all aspects. Whilst in Brest, and in a Coffee shop, the owner tried to "rob me off" by adding some Euros to the addition. Thankfully I had more or less made the counting by memory. He appologized and said he had added something else I had not ordered by mistake! Everywhere I found not the "old standards" anymore amongst the persons of my age and surely not amongst the youngsters. Of course, we still do have some % of persons who keep the "Traditional Ways of doing things" including treating and dealing with persons (Education). Those persons do keep their Countries Flags on their hearts and souls, and we feel the difference when we do meet them on the streets or in the shops.

I believe this is happening everywhere in the Globe...I can tell you about Brazil, where the standards (Educational, Cultural, etc.) are falling down in a rate that we, fathers, can not stop. We do try to raise our sons with the same (or more or less the same) standards we had...It is a "long war", believe me.

I comprehend what you are saying fully. There are some persons who not say even a good evening or a good morning...or thank you at all!

But we do have to do our part for a better world. Those veterans fought in WW1, WW2, etc...for a better world....if we do our part accordingly, I guess that at the end, the Good will prevail over the "not so good".

Semper Fi.,

Adriano and Family
Old 6th June 2022, 11:29

BrianC is on a distinguished road
Re: The problem with dealing with anyone on the internet

Hi Ed

I've seen your posting regarding bad behaviour on the Forum. I hope that you don't see me as a 'baddie'. I believe that I have been a victim of several members, for reasons I don't understand.

Take care, stay safe
Brian