Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 20th May 2022, 17:12

BrianC is on a distinguished road
Crash of Luftwaffe aircraft South Coast 1940

Hi guys

The moderator has dismissed my previous enquiry, so I repeat it herewith:

A Luftwaffe aircraft crashed on the South Coast during the Battle of Britain, in which was found a quantity of Pervitin. Can anyone advise the date/location of this incident, please?

Brian
Old 20th May 2022, 18:20

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road
Re: Crash of Luftwaffe aircraft South Coast 1940

I can't help with this particular case, but the use of Pervitin was widespread amongst all branches of the Wehrmacht. I think the US Air Force referred to these as 'go pills' during the Vietnam conflict.
Old 20th May 2022, 20:00
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

I am afraid but as such items were apparently commonplace, it is like asking what aircraft had a first aid kit and what did it contain
Old 22nd May 2022, 14:16

Thanks, Chris.

Incidentally, in addition to being accused of being too lazy to do my own research, I've received further comment:

Furthermore, you could try giving on TOCH by answering questions instead of just asking them. A model to follow is Chris Goss who has a 50-50 record of answered as many questions as he asks. Nick Beale does the same, and for that both are admired.

Thanks, Larry! Nice to have friends!

What's happened to this Forum - so much venom and too much self-importance?

Brian
Old 22nd May 2022, 15:01
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
What's happened to this Forum - so much venom and too much self-importance?

Brian
If people, however wounded their sensitivities, wouldn't insist on dragging out arguments they've been asked to let drop then I wouldn't end up closing threads.
Old 22nd May 2022, 17:58

Nick

I don't believe that I am dragging out arguments, but just defending my corner. I'm the one being persecuted - for what??
I don't wish to blow my own trumpet but, in defence of my accused selfishness, a TOCH member recently asked me for assistance and, since I was able to positively respond, I sent him free of any charge a signed copy of the book in which he was interested (currently £40 on Amazon.) Three cheers for my generosity!

Ban me should you so wish.

Brian
Old 22nd May 2022, 18:11
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
Nick

I don't believe that I am dragging out arguments, but just defending my corner. I'm the one being persecuted - for what??

… Ban me should you so wish.

Brian
(a) Please, as I've asked so many people so many times, take disputes with other members off-board. There's no shortage of platforms for that.

(b) I have no such wish.