Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 19th December 2017, 19:12

ginamod is on a distinguished road
Re: Part identification

RSwank,
many thx for your effort.
Actually you seem quite close to the solution, better, you have one in mind and in a Manual. I try to follow your appr. explanations.

I have no current possibility to look into a p-38 Manual and I cannot understand to which manual you tried to lead me to in your reply. There is no link to be opened.
A friend of mine told me he has a CD with p-38 Serial numbers. I will contact him now. First I had ruled out a p-38 .

There have been many hydraulic devices in the US-planes, I add two images with B-17 hydraulic relics, 2 different B-17.

Maybe I can investigate a p-38 in Salzburg one day. Red Bull Company has one there in Museum Hangar 7.

Best
dnalor

Last edited by ginamod; 11th May 2019 at 18:30.
Old 19th December 2017, 19:53
Alter Hase

RSwank is on a distinguished road

Dnalor, the links are the letters "S", "G", etc at the end the line of each item listed. My references can be found by clicking the "G" at the end of the Part 1 Erection Manual, the first item listed.
Old 20th December 2017, 00:42

ginamod is on a distinguished road

My God,
I´d never thought these capital letters would be inter active. Did never aim at them with my cursor.
Yes, they are "hot". It will take me some time to study the contents, due to your suggestions.
Thx a lot.
TNT
dnalor