Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st September 2013, 22:48

Kim Christiansen is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: He 219 found in Denmark !!!

Hi All.

Please see copy of letter sent to me by Ron Ferguson, whom I thank a lot for the information.

Maybe this can generate new information / thoughts from you all on this forum!

Dear Kim,

After close assessment of ULTRA decrypts CX/MSS/R309(A)para44 and CX/MSS/R325A/12 and other relevant material I am convinced that the following connections exist between Werknummern and Stammkennzeichen: -

He 219 Werknummer

Stammkennzeichen

GU+BO

GU+BP

CX/MSS/R325A

GU+BQ

GU+BR

GU+BS

GU+BT

CX/MSS/R309(A)

CX/MSS/R325A

GU+BU

GU+BV

GU+BW

You may notice that the LEMB Stammkennzeichen database (website) already contains entries for GU+BQ (Gotha Go 145) and GU+BW (Fw 44). These entries are incorrect and should in fact be CU+BQ and CU+BW.
The Stkz GU+BT is reported as an arrival at I./NJG 1 on 13 Sept 1944. Until now, it has not been possible to link this to a Werknummer. The date 13 Sept 1944 matches very closely with the dates on Werknummern 190229 and 190233, sourced from CX/MSS/R325A/12. A number of the A-0 machines in this Werknummern ‘batch’ were affected by the bombing of the Schwechat assembly plant 26 June 1944 when it was attacked by the US 15th AF. Some He 219s were destroyed and some (e.g., 190229, 190233 and GU+BT) were almost certainly damaged, repaired and pressed into service in September as per the dates indicated in the ULTRA decrypts.
This means that the Stammkennzeichen GU+Bx series was “split”. (GU+B)B to N is linked with 190175 to 190187. Interposed between GU+BN and GU+BO is a completely different Stammkennzeichen series; the BE+Jx series. Effectively, the GU+Bx series “bookends” the BE+Jx series (an interesting curiosity!)
And - just in case the question arises re GU+BA Werknummer - it's 190131 (an earlier Werknummer batch)

Best regards,

Ron Ferguson
Author, The Heinkel He 219 Research Paper

Sincerely,
Kim Christiansen

http://www.danas-have.dk/He219.htm
Old 25th September 2013, 10:34

Marcel Hogenhuis will become famous soon enough
Re: He 219 found in Denmark !!!

Hello Kim,

Unfortunately I don't agree with this thesis about the Stammkennzeichen batches, I have done research about Wnr.190229 and 190233 and was able to link these to another Stammkennzeichen batch, by evidence found in flight logs.

Ron is however right with assuming that some aircraft of the last He219A-0 coming from Vienna were delivered much later, because they had to be repaired first.

All the best, Marcel
Old 25th February 2014, 14:50

Denniss is on a distinguished road

Any update on this?
Old 26th February 2014, 09:00

Smile Re: He 219 found in Denmark !!!

Hi All

Here is a copy of the update from Mr.Ron Ferguson.

After receiving further information, I have gone back to my original records to reappraise the situation, and I regret to say that the information in my earlier email was incorrect. My thanks to Nigel Moore and Marcel Hogenhuis for bringing this matter to my attention.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Ron Ferguson
Author, The Heinkel He 219 - A Research Paper

He-219 Denmark..
For He-219 DK, the museum need to have some meetings about the future, I will inform in more detail later.

We are ready to dive and scan for the missing aircraft parts, the water must be clearer and warmer, currently the temperature is about 4 degrees Celsius and the wind is too strong in February and March.

Sincerely,
Kim Christiansen

Last edited by Kim Christiansen; 24th August 2015 at 20:45.
Old 30th June 2014, 10:20

Hello,

I am still very curious about this particular He219, any news about new dives or the preservation team ? I sincerely do hope that 'no news' means 'good news'...

Best regards, Marcel
Old 30th June 2014, 22:45

MrZaggy is on a distinguished road

GDay Marcel

I too FINALLY have a chance to check back (Last Uni exam was earlier - well yesterday now. If all goes well, I'm on research and teaching from next semester. So hopefully more time for He 219 stuff) and too wish to ask if there has been any new info?

Plus it being a 'Black' aircraft, I really want to know if it fits into the 'black-block' theory or not

I must shoot you an email when I finish up my last report for Uni; we reading a document earlier and wanted your thoughts on a section of it.

Dan
Old 2nd July 2014, 15:20

Hello Dan,

Good to hear from you and reading that you are doing well. Personally, I am far from convinced that is one of those 'black' He219, as long we haven't seen the wing underside yet.

Kim Christiansen has provided us with some promising pictures, only partially revealing something that might be the (de-colored) white part of the Balkenkreuz or something else.

With the benefit of hindsight, the preservation party could (and perhaps should) benefit far more from the supportive historian community IMHO. If they would 'feed' us with clues to work with, like they did with the engine number, we ALL would have had more knowledge about this rare bird.

On the other hand, we are not in Aalborg to clean painstakinly parts against the clock and they certainly will be fed up by all the questions/requests of curious historians like me

Nevertheless, the salvation of this wreck deserves our sincere respect and I do hope that the project does not stop there.

Marcel
Old 3rd July 2014, 16:30

MrZaggy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Hogenhuis View Post
Hello Dan,

Good to hear from you and reading that you are doing well. Personally, I am far from convinced that is one of those 'black' He219, as long we haven't seen the wing underside yet.
GDay Marcel

I really want to know if its i) a black a/c and then if it is ii) at very least a sub-type. An A-2 would leave us where we are, but a confirmed A-0 or A-7 would be VERY interesting.

Do you know at what Spant the fuselage is broken (ie, how MUCH of the empennage is gone?) - looking for Schräge-Muzik specific mounting points (not present on the A-0) could help us narrow things down too... Nothing to do with the 219 is that easy though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Hogenhuis View Post
Nevertheless, the salvation of this wreck deserves our sincere respect and I do hope that the project does not stop there.
Totally agree with that! Just a shame we cant get definitive answers on what exactly the wing differences are, between A-0, A-2 and A-7 and then spent a week just SLOWLY going over the recovered parts.

Did they ever manage to get the Fuselage up?

D
Old 11th November 2014, 13:32

he219research is on a distinguished road

Hi all!

It's been a long time since anything was written in this thread, but I was just wondering if there are any updates regarding this He-219?
Is the restoration/preservation still going on or are the aircraft remains on display at the Garnisonsmuseum now?

Has the elusive Werknummer materialized yet?

BR, Ingemar
Old 13th March 2015, 21:30

Smile He 219 found in Denmark !!!

Hello everyone

First let me say thank you for all the emails I have received on my private mail about He-219 DK and hereby inform you that we are still doing everything we can here in DK, to find material of the plane.

We are pleased that there is still so much interest in the He-219 DK.

We are looking in all the files that we can find, both local and foreign, but time passes and it gets harder to find some new information.

We dive still in the area and will search with side scan sonar and magnetometer.

I am attaching the latest news from Mr.
Ron Ferguson
Author, The Heinkel He 219 - A Research Paper

And awaiting any news from you all, and hope you have something to tell and new ideas ???

Have a nice summer !!!

Sincerely,
Kim Christiansen

Last edited by Kim Christiansen; 24th August 2015 at 20:45.