Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 20th November 2005, 01:47

Swiso69 is on a distinguished road
How many Ta 152 H exist today ?

Hello !
Anybody know more or less how many Ta 152 H aircraft exist today around the world ?
I think that the only one is the plane at the Silver Hill facility of the NASM.

I ask because a guy in another forum say thatt 8 - 12 are still "living" today....
-3 at Almaty , Kazakistan
-4 at the Prague Aviation Museum ( that he saw with his eyes , even if only 1 is recognizable...)
- the Silver Hill Ta 152 H
- some more on Russia ( ...it seem by what some people say..)

Anybody can confirm this numbers or have any comment ?

Thanks !
Regards !
SW
Old 20th November 2005, 09:26

Mikael Olrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How many Ta 152 H exist today ?

There's only one known preserved Ta 152 and that is the one at NASM. The idea of several preserved Ta 152 in Kazakistan is quite amusing but not even close to realistic.

I've visited the museum at Prage Kbely including storage areas in the military section and there where no Ta 152 left there. They would have surfaced there by now since they'd be worth so much money which the museum would need for the remainder of the collection.

Obviously there is a possibility that something unusual as a Ta 152 could have survived in Russia bearing in mind that several unusual tanks has survived in scrap heaps and that a center section of a Bf 109F was located stored in a University in Kharkov. Another unexpected survivor was the Bf 109 discovered in India. A Henschel 129 was recovered in Russia but later scrapped because they didn't realise what it was...

If you're friend had said that there was a Ta 152 with Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection in Seattle I'd be willing to belive him since that collection has brought out some rare german aircraft which just were not preserved previously. Examples of this are the Me 163, Fi 103, Re 4 and a A 4/V 2 missile in the collection, none of which where a known survivor until they suddenly appeared in his collection.

to sum it up, with out photos as proof - no credibility for his claim! Are you sure his not refering to several examples of the Antonov AN-2?
/Mike
Old 20th November 2005, 11:37

Fairlop
Re: How many Ta 152 H exist today ?

There´s no Ta 152 in Kbely´s museum. "Only" front motor section from Fw 190 (A-8?).

Regards,
Michal