Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 12th December 2007, 16:08

Bogdan is on a distinguished road
How can I find ultimate fate of the JNAF aircrews that took part to Pearl Harbour?

Hello, I am a devout enthusiast searching for all pilots who attacked Pearl Harbour, I wish I could track down their ultimate fate in order to honour them, not for the infamous act they did, but for their incomparable training and value as fliers. Please help.
Kind Regards .Bogdan
Old 12th December 2007, 16:19

David_Aiken is on a distinguished road
Re: How can I find ultimate fate of the JNAF aircrews that took part to Pearl Harbour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
Hello, I am a devout enthusiast searching for all pilots who attacked Pearl Harbour, I wish I could track down their ultimate fate in order to honour them, not for the infamous act they did, but for their incomparable training and value as fliers. Please help.
Kind Regards .Bogdan
Join the Pearl Harbor History Associates, Inc. http://www.pearlharbor-history.org/ $25 year
Old 13th December 2007, 07:43

PA.Dutchman is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: How can I find ultimate fate of the JNAF aircrews that took part to Pearl Harbour?

http://www.e-n.org.uk/1516-Pearl-Harbor-Bomber.htm
Old 13th December 2007, 16:27

David_Aiken is on a distinguished road
Re: How can I find ultimate fate of the JNAF aircrews that took part to Pearl Harbour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA.Dutchman View Post
"By the end of the war he (Mitsuo Fuchida) was the sole survivor of the seven commanders and 32 squadron leaders whom he had led at Pearl Harbor." Not!

Many squadron leaders survived...as I was on the "Japanese Panel" in the 1991 Pearl Harbor Symposium with two Buntaicho.... Zenji Abe (Akagi D3A second-in-command) and Hirata Matsumura (Hiryu torpedo B5N leader and secon-in-command of the torpedo attack)...Both of whom have passed away in the past few years.

My list of the 765 Japanese participants is in Japanese. Of these, onlly 150 lived thru the war...and about 30 still live.
Old 7th January 2008, 15:43

Bogdan is on a distinguished road

Thank you much for your info
However, please let me know how I can get your japanese text translated into English, I cannot read the japanese version.
Also, I am very much desire to know what happened to those PH japs later in war
Kind regards, Bogdan