Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 1st July 2009, 13:52

Bogdan is on a distinguished road
Fate of Imperial Navy a6m2 Pilots attacking Pearl Harbour

Hi
I have so far been struggling to find the ultimate fate for some of IJN pilots flying the Zero during the opening stages of war. Please be so kind to share me their ultimate fate as I cannot get the Hata/Izawa book as i am living in Romania and the mail is awfull
The guys I wish to know more of are:
-Cmdr Yasushi Nikaido,
-Kijiro Naguchi,
-Tetsuo Sento
-Makoto Sasaki
-Seiji Iseki
-Kikue Otokuni
-Shigenobu Takahara
-Sueyosho Osanai
-Tomichichi Maruta
-Juichiro Hanio
-Shigenobu NAkata
-Mitsumi Takasuka
-Shinichi Suzuki
-Ykuo Hanazawa
-Yuzo Tsukamoto

Thnk you very much in anticipation. Bogdan
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:57
Alter Hase

Leendert will become famous soon enough
Re: Fate of Imperial Navy a6m2 Pilots attacking Pearl Harbour

Bogdan,

Perhaps this thread is helpful with some names: http://www.pearlharborattacked.com/c...t=ST;f=11;t=73

Regards,

Leendert
Old 4th July 2009, 05:42

Tom Semenza
Re: Fate of Imperial Navy a6m2 Pilots attacking Pearl Harbour

You might also try the book by Ikuhiko Hata and Yasuho Izawa Japanese Naval Aces and Fighter Units in World War II (Naval Institute Press, 1989.) The losses are listed by date and so it takes some effort to locate a specific pilot. I did find the following:

Yasushi Nikaido was killed in an accident off Izu on 8 May 1942 and is listed as Kaga division officer with the rank of lieutenant.

Regards,
Tom