Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 25th May 2015, 16:49

Seaplanes will become famous soon enough
German sportsplanes 1943

In June 1943 Messerscmidt AG was asked to transfer to Hungary a sportplane called Hapfner (?) NS 9, W.Nr. 34 with a Siemens SH 14a engine.
The German registration reads something like D-ECOR og EOCR (??)
Can someone help me ti identify this Aircraft.

Ther same goes for another delivery to Hungary of a HL 21 W.Nr.4 with a Walter Minor 4 engine. German registration was D-EDNE or D-EDNO.
Old 25th May 2015, 17:18

Tom Willis is on a distinguished road
Re: German sportsplanes 1943

HI seaplanes
This was Hopfner HS 9 - D-EOCR and Lampich NL XXI - D-EDNC
Do You have any info of these a/c with Messerschmitt
Thanks in advance
Regards - Tom Willis
Old 25th May 2015, 20:02

Thanks once again Tom.
Old 25th May 2015, 20:07

Sorry, I have nothing to connect the Hopfner aircraft to Messerschmitt other than the letter from RLM to Messersmitt's Berlin Office asking them to hand over this aircraf to the Hungarians.
Old 27th May 2015, 20:13
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

There is a problem here

Austrian source, ÖFH Nachrichten Sonderheft 7, claims Hopfner WNr 34 was a HM 13/34 with Dienstnummer 54 and reg OE-FIH.

Producing production lists of Austrian built aircraft between the wars is tricky to say the least, much due to the lack of WNr details remaining.

Since the HS 9 and HM 13 were very different in appearance it is not really possible to make any visual misidentification if for instance a record was made after Anschluss.

I take it the WNr is taken in your case (Tom/Seaplanes) from German documents?

The Lampich production is even worse since he was working both in Hungary (with Banhidi) and in Austria with Hopfner.

Hopfner went bankrupt some time in 1935 and I believe Lampich followed him to Hirtenberg which in itself became WNF. Both Hopfner and Lampich worked for them and I believe the WNr 4 is a WNF number. So far I know of two NL XXI and three NL XXII, so it is interesting to speculate if the quoted WNr 4 was for a third one built or for one of the to already known. Anyone?

Cheers
Stig