Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 13th August 2011, 16:16
Alter Hase

Kutscha
ID of Ki-67 unit

Any idea what unit this a/c was assigned to?

Photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keleivis/3212894933/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keleivi...n/photostream/
Old 14th August 2011, 15:52

kglass is on a distinguished road
Re: ID of Ki-67 unit

Hello Kutscha,

Thank you for posting the URLs to the on-line photos of this plane at flickr. I have been aware of this color profile since I saw an earlier form of it on 2/19/2011. Artist / illustrator ta.gucci sent me an e-mail with this image, but without the reference photo(s) he was working from. His earlier drafts sported a diagonal red tail stripe with yellow edging. the upper fin and rudder above the striping was also shown red. The glyphs on the nose have now been changed from yellow to white. ta.gucci's original Romanization of them was Chisei. Per your question above, he has proposed a unit identification of 5th Hikoh-dan Flying group, but clearly stated it was only a guess on his part and as of 2/19/11.

Regards and HTH,
Ken Glass
Old 14th August 2011, 18:08
Alter Hase

Kutscha

Thanks Ken.
Old 14th August 2011, 20:32

kglass is on a distinguished road

Hello Kutscha,

You are welcome. A little more data on this color profile, from a modeling point of view. ta.gucci has suggested FS595 36320 for the dark gray color and 34432 for the underside color. Re-looking his earlier draft of the color profile, the entire tail fin was red down as far as the top edge of the long, narrow, horizontal filler strip near the base of the tail, not just the portion above the diagonal stripe, as I stated above. The small white square above the stripe on the leading edge of the fin was originally yellow. A spinner is shown in red. The glyphs on the nose are handed, with the same one to the front, on both sides.

Regards,
Ken Glass
Old 7th February 2018, 08:48

barneybolac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutscha View Post
Colour photo and a profile 7th Sentai claimed by the Japanese profile.