Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 16th May 2010, 10:14

Hallvor is on a distinguished road
28. April 1940: III/KG26 Uffz Liesske and crew

Hello! The above crew crash landed in their Heinkel 111-H just a few hundred meters from where I grew up, some 30 km southeast of Ålesund, Norway.

I am trying to find as much information as possible on the crew above. I am planning to write an article based on the findings for the local newspaper. I will also use local sources. As far as I know this flight came from Sola airfield, attacking the allied convoy between Lesjaskog and Åndalsnes. They were intercepted by Skuas from the 803 Squadron and their aircraft was damaged over Storfjorden. They then made a forced landing, cutting a flag pole and some electrical cords. Two of the crew members, Friedrich Willma and Adolf Amerkamp died. They are buried in the war cemetary in Trondheim. Uffz. Hans Liwsske and Hans Göhringer survived and ran into the woods. They were chased by local police and riflemen. The riflemen spotted them a little while later, but had not received orders for what to do. The germans did not open fire, and no order was given to fire on them. They vanished into the woods again, but were captured some 20 kilometers towards Ålesund the following morning.

From there I have no traces of the survivors.

To sum it up:

1. I am looking for more information and details on the events the 28. april 1940 for this crew and for KG26.
2. What were the fates of the survivors, Hans Liesske and Hans Göhringer?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Hallvor; 16th May 2010 at 11:22.

Tags
aandalsnes, göhringer, jg26, lesja, liwsske