Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th November 2005, 11:40

kalender1973 is on a distinguished road
Jagdgeschwader 6

Hi,

could somebody help me with information about Jagdgeschwader 6, specially in Januar-May 45 ? Lost list, operation ? Some usefull books ?
Old 4th November 2005, 16:22
In Memoriam

Eric Larger
Re: Jagdgeschwader 6

One book usefull for JG6 operations is Bodenplatte by John Manrho . The very first operations of JG6 in 1945.

Some informations in our book on Fw190 D camouflage and markings , several profiles and in detail study aircrafts are belonging to JG6 . In may 1945.

I have alose some informations on JG6 too.

A book is been prepared on this Jagdgeschwader .

Eric
Old 4th November 2005, 22:05
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

As Eric mentioned we (John Manrho and Axel urbanke) are working on a JG 6 book, but this will take at least till early 2007 to appear. Planned to be published in German but who knows it might be published in english later too.

Anybody seriously interested in JG 6 operations in January-May 1945 must buy the Luftflotte 6 KTB microfilms available at MA/BA Freiburg or PRO London. I also have seen loss lists circling in air war historian circles, mainly based on the work of Girbig or others gathering data from VLM and microfilms of material losses. Of course the research of Axel and me, wihich has much more data on losses from logbooks etc, will see the light in the JG 6 book....so you have to be patient if you want to wait for that. Strangely several losses, also KIA and WIA were not recorded in the VLM's or have been lost after the war.

We have found quite some new material but if anybody posseses JG 6 material, just let me know! If anybody has a specific question relating to JG 6, just let me know and I will try to answer it.

regards,

John.

Last edited by John Manrho; 5th November 2005 at 10:47.
Old 5th November 2005, 13:26

O.Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Manrho
Planned to be published in German
Old 5th November 2005, 16:10

Spanferkel is on a distinguished road

The book by Werner Girbig, mentioned by John, is "Six Months to Oblivion". While not dealing specifically with JG 6 there is a listing of losses for Bodenplatte and additional info. in the body of the text.

John look forward to your book , even auf Deutsch.

Jeremy

www.aufhimmelzuhause.com
Old 5th November 2005, 18:02

Pawel Burchard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalender1973
could somebody help me with information about Jagdgeschwader 6, specially in Januar-May 45 ? Lost list, operation ? Some usefull books ?
I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong but there are loss reports for J.G. 6 for January 1945 as well as Erfahrungsbericht for 19-Feb-45 to 18-Mar-45 (signed by Barkhorn) on T321 Roll 17 (Kriegstagebuch Lfl. 6).

Kind regards,
Pawel
Old 5th November 2005, 23:51
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Anybody seriously interested in JG 6 operations in January-May 1945 must buy the Luftflotte 6 KTB microfilms available at MA/BA Freiburg or PRO London.
John, if the Luftflotte 6 material is on file at the PRO, can you give the reference?

Thanks
Old 6th November 2005, 15:53
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

Sorry Nick, I made a mistake. The microfilms come from the US, National Archives. I am not aware if the same material is also at the PRO, I assume not. Regards, John.
Old 6th November 2005, 18:56
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Sorry Nick, I made a mistake. The microfilms come from the US, National Archives. I am not aware if the same material is also at the PRO, I assume not. Regards, John.
Pity about that - but at least I haven't been missing something on my visits to Kew!
Old 6th November 2005, 19:37
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
John, can you supply the US National Archivs reference? I may be headed there at some point.

Thanks