Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 21st April 2014, 17:23

chuckschmitz is on a distinguished road
NORDHOLZ & HANDORF- 100% ORIGINAL PHOTOS

As seen on eBay, looks like a set of 12 photos. Unfortunately you can't see much detail in the scans but note that some photos have info on the back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:SEMK:US:LISTL

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted.

Chuck
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:08

SMF144
Re: NORDHOLZ & HANDORF- 100% ORIGINAL PHOTOS

You can ask the seller harrison987 as he is on this site, all the time.
Old 22nd April 2014, 19:23

Delmenhorst is on a distinguished road

The seller is a joke. He writes:

'COPYRIGHT -----------------

All pictures and descriptions used in my auctions under COPYRIGHT and I forbid the use of these photos and information in any manner such as paper or electronic (internet) publications or otherwise. Use is solely based on my authorization only'.

He does not have the copyright to most of the pictures that he sells. One of them belongs to a friend of mine (his father took the picture in 1945). The pictures are probably copied from the internet.
Old 22nd April 2014, 21:01

taitbb is on a distinguished road

I believe what is implied by copyright is the content of the auction listing, the verbiage and photos taken of items for sale.

So in this case, under copyright is the photo of the photo's.

Last edited by taitbb; 22nd April 2014 at 21:02. Reason: grammar
Old 23rd April 2014, 04:18
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road

That is correct Brian...

Delmenhorst...I suggest you learn to read before you start making ridiculous accusations. I got all these photos from the original veteran over a year ago, after he passed away, along with a KG13B from a Fw190 (same airfield), 4 German helmets, German medals, and ALL the original negatives of these photos.

If I own the original WW2 negatives...how can these be "copies off the internet"...much less copies from a "friend" of yours??

Your "friend" does not own any of the original photos...I have been the sole owner...apart from the others I have sold this past year - all vet acquired.

Most likely your "friend" got some of the original photos from me many months ago, when I sold similar ones...

Sudek13 bought most...the rest have been on ebay for a while as individual photos...

Also...for your own interest...if original photos or negatives are acquired from the original photographer (in this case, the US veteran), one can ask for a copyright transfer. I did not bother, as there was no reason to...

Regardless...the "copyright" I am referring to in the listing is in regards to my auction wording and auction photos...which I am the legal copyright holder, being the author and photograher...which Brian has nicely pointed out...

Any other comments?
Old 23rd April 2014, 06:42

Delmenhorst is on a distinguished road

I am talking about the following Photos:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-L...item3a65c2a8ea

That Photo is taken by Dalby, WHO was a journalist in Herning (about 15 miles from where the Photo was taken).

the following Picture was taken the same place and the original negative now belongs to the Danish Air Force:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-L...item35befaf42e
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:21
Alter Hase

ju55dk will become famous soon enough

Carsten is totally right about the two mentioned photoes! But he is wrong about who took the first photo. It was a danish intelligence officer by the name of Tillisch. All his ORIGINAL negatives are now at the museum at Hanstholm/DK. And they got the copyright transfered from him. And the second is copyright RDAF historical unit. Over the years RDAF has distributed copies around the word, to a lot of people.

Junker
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:05
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road

All photos I sell are Public Domain. 99% of what I sell are either from original photos, negatives, or slides, currently or previously owned by me.

One of my closest friends is copyright attorney, and I know what the laws extremely well.

Your original comment was in regards to the statement I have in all my listings, whereas, all images and text used in my listings are under copyright (which is fact). I have already clarified that for you.

I am not going to have this thread hijacked by getting into another copyright debate. If you wish to continue this discussion, you are more than welcome to contact me off-board.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:22
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Gentlemen, please DO take this debate off Board.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:50

SES

Hi John,
Normally being an obedient servant I would take your guidance, but the allegations made by harrison are simply too much. I got in contact with Tillisch in the early nineties, and he was kind enough to lend us his negatives. I had three sets of prints made and can account for all of them. There is no way that harrison could ever have owned an original copy of the shot of the Ar234, BUT I made it public on LEMB a few years back.
http://www.luftwaffe-experten.org/fo...showtopic=5375
bregds
SES
Closed Thread