Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 29th September 2018, 11:41

Xerumbe is on a distinguished road
JGr. 200 (Pictorial)

Hello,

I finish the book that I write for 5 years now and I'm at the stage where we embellish the content. In order to do it right, I would have liked to create an organizational chart with the picture of «*each*» of JGr. 200 members. I know that the sources are few and that it is already difficult to identify all the pilots of this unit. But if you have the opportunity to link a picture and a name I am grateful.

There are known photographs of some pilots like Rippert and Isken for example. I have not yet been able to contact the rights holders because they are not identified. If they are among us on this forum, I would be delighted to discuss with them.

Thanx

JF (https://guerretombeeduciel.businessc...com/index.html)
Old 29th September 2018, 13:39

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Re: JGr. 200 (Pictorial)

Maybe I can help you. I have one from Eduard Isken. Other pilots I must get a listing with names to check through my collection. All photos I have were given to me by the pilots themselves then I guess there is no problem in using them in a book. Some images from my collection have been published in various books troublefree. Can you send me a PM and let me know which ones you´re looking?
Old 30th September 2018, 21:04
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

I can't help with photos (sorry!) but could you tell us a bit more about this book — what will it cover / how many pages / when it might be published / where you found information about this unit?
Old 1st October 2018, 08:56
Alter Hase

RT is an unknown quantity at this point

I could see at ECPAD, if they hv picture for this group...around 10 th of october

Rémi
Old 1st October 2018, 11:12

Xerumbe is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your messages.

To answer Nick, I'll introduce the book.

We (my wife and I) make a historical book about aviation during the Second World War in our region (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France). We work from the archives of the countries and departments concerned as well as on the basis of an important bibliography. The book will be decorated with testimonials, unpublished period photographs, illustrations, original maps made by computer graphics and plane profiles. The book is punctuated with full-page illustrations by Mr Julien Camp.
We give the views of all belligerents - Allies and Axis Powers - and focus on the men and women, both military and civilian, actors of this period: pilots, aircrew, witnesses and resistant.

how many pages: ≠ 500
when it might be published: when we will find a publisher. The publishers will be solicited very soon when the book is finished.
where did you find information about this unit? The book is not intended to tell the story of the JGr 200 but this unit is a key player of the year 1944 for the area studied.

We have twice traveled to the German archives and have priceless correspondents who help us find information. Nevertheless, this unit remains known mainly through its adversaries, testimonies of civilians and wrecks found on the airfields.We also have the help of a local historian (Mr Paul Mathevet) who has spent part of his life investigating this unit.

We have created a website to present our work. The articles that you will read on this site are related to facts related to the work but which will not appear in - minor facts, particular theme or out of regional framework: https://guerretombeeduciel.businessc...com/index.html

I hope I have answered your questions properly.

Thanks for your help.
Old 2nd October 2018, 14:05
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the information about your project.
Old 2nd October 2018, 20:48
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Salut JF (Xerumbe),

Ayant habite à Lyon pendant 4 ans, je suis ravi que l'histoire du JGr 200 et peut-être son activité au Vercors soit écrite.
Have lived at Lyon during 4 years of my life, I am happy that a History of JGr 200 and, maybe, its activities during the Vercors (Résistance uprising - and massacre) will be written.

Congratulations and keep going. Do let us aware of the developments...

Adriano B.
Old 2nd October 2018, 21:32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
Salut JF (Xerumbe),

… je suis ravi que l'histoire du JGr 200 et peut-être son activité au Vercors soit écrite.

… I am happy that a History of JGr 200 and, maybe, its activities during the Vercors (Résistance uprising - and massacre) will be written.

Adriano B.
Une telle histoire existe depuis neuf ans.

… Such a history has been in existence for nine years.
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:02
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Dear Nick BEALE,

Your amazing work with NSGr 9 (a book I do have and cherish) and KGr 100 (site), JGr 200, and other units (SG 4, KG 77, etc.) have been an inspiration for many, including me.

What I meant, is that a new French written book will arise (maybe with interviews of persons who eventually suffered the events, maybe Résistance Members, etc.) about the same subject.

IT is hoped that, if information from your site do arises there, they will be recognized and, off course, your authorization obtained beforehand.

It is good for everyone when a new book arises and we all learn something new about the subject. I was just "motivating" the writers to keep going and having Faith in their work.

You surely knows how it is hard to have one's work published. Very few do give us good help or advices, or motivation to keep going...

To both of you...Keep going...we owe you a lot!

Adriano B.
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
Dear Nick BEALE,

What I meant, is that a new French written book will arise

Adriano B.
I quite understand. If I ever tried to translate mine into French it would mean a very long wait and endless grammatical mistakes. More seriously, JGr. 200 was active against the Resistance occasionally but Geschwader Bongart was the main unit carrying out those tasks and there are many accounts of this from the French side and from SOE/OSS agents.