Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd May 2005, 00:34

SimonT is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe Camouflage and Markings - Color Chips

Hello!

I wonder if I may ask a few quick questions about this book.
I am interested in buying the book for not only the historical factor as well as a modelling aid, but also for a digital colour reference.

Firstly, does the book provide any RGB values or any other 'transposeable' information for the PC (reason being for skinning in games such as the IL2 series)?

If not, does anyone know where I would be able to get such information? The authors? Publishers? (If I were able to contact them, would they provide this sort of info?)

As a last resort, would scanning the chips produce an accurate colour reproduction?

Thanks in advance for any replies and my apologies for 'highjacking' this thread.

----------
Simon
Old 6th May 2005, 15:15
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: RGB values or any other 'transposeable' information for the PC

The book does not contain RGB values, nor would I think it easy to translate real colors to virtual ones, without adapting them to the format.

There are however several sites offering RGB palettes, but I wouldn't dare calling any of them authoritive.

But whatever your take (and I've had limited skinning experience, but I won't digress), if you have an interest in the Luftwaffe and painting in particular, you feel happy with the latest Merrick (especially if you look around for an good offer).

Personally it and of course volume two are some of the most expected titles in my agenda.

IMHO you'd be best served by adapting the same techniques as scale modelers do, lightening up colors to scale effect (this technique is explained in the original Merrick). Any good paintchip collection will help you attain your own best match.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 6th May 2005, 19:06

SimonT is on a distinguished road
Re: RGB values or any other 'transposeable' information for the PC

Thanks very much!

Its ordered!