Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 22nd October 2007, 23:08

Horst Kube
Luftwaffe Aces meet.-. and have new record in Speyer

Former Luftwaffe Aces Walter Schuck, Hajo Herrmann, Hans.Ekkehard Bob, Ernst Scheufele, Karl-Fritz Schlossstein and nightfighter Peter Spoden met this year on 20th of October again at our stand in Speyer hundreds of air war enthusiasts and collectors.

We were proud to present the Eagle-Aces in an unbelievable freshness to new and young admirerer and/or long time well knowns friends.

The Old Eagles were surpised and happy, that especially this time more and more of the young genereation came to honour them and wanted to know "all about them".

Besides this, a very special event took place:

Richard Perlia (102 (!) years old, former test pilot of a WW II aircraft factory, Hajo Herrmann, former Colonel of JG 300, "Wilde Sau", 94 years old and 90 years old Hans-Ekkehard Bob, Major from the "Greeneart Hunters", JG 54

undertook a flight from and to Speyer to be recorded in "The Guiness Book of Records" saying,

no older crew than them

- 90 years or older -

ever made such a flight before, see attached photo.

This time a lot of friends from Europe, UK, USA and Singapore joined this event in Speyer.

My special thanks for this goes to

Dave Williams (UK), Mark Copeland, Tim Erikson (both North West Airlines), Richard Miller and his wife (all from USA) and to Andre Steward, who undertook the trip from Singapore to meet Karl-Fritz Schlosstein.

The attached photo, taken in Speyer on the 20th of October 2007, shows from the left to the right:

Karl-Fritz Schlosstein, Walter Schuck, Richard Perlia, Hans-Ekkehard Bob, Peter Spoden and Ernst Scheufele.
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:28

piero is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Luftwaffe Aces meet.-. and have new record in Speyer

I'm unable to see the photo and it's a pity, because I also was in Speyer

piero
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:33

Horst Kube

The attached photo, taken in Speyer on the 20th of October 2007, shows from the left to the right:

Karl-Fritz Schlossstein, Walter Schuck, Richard Perlia, Hans-Ekkehard Bob, Peter Spoden and Ernst Scheufele.[/quote]

Sorry my Adobe photoshop did not work, here we are:

Last edited by Horst Kube; 13th January 2014 at 17:41.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:57

David P. Williams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Horst,

You planned and executed a great weekend for us. It was a real success and the pilots received a good turn out.

I would like to thank you for inviting us to the meal on Friday evening, and making us welcome during the event. I would like to encourage anyone reading this to attend the next event at Speyer, which i believe you said would be next March. 'Abschuesse' seemed to sell very well, do you have any idea how many copies were bought during the signing?

Thank you once again, and to your wife also, and i'll see you next month in Kent. Can you confirm which Luftwaffe pilots will be there. All the very best, David.
Old 23rd October 2007, 15:38

Horst Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P. Williams View Post
Hi Horst,

Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you next month in the UK at the place of D. Frost in Kent. Can you confirm which other Luftwaffe pilots besides Hajo and Walter will be there?
Hi David, it was a pleasure for all of us, to have you here in Speyer on the 19th/20rst. of October, when you brought along your friends, as the "monument" Marc Copeland, the quiet Eric and /or Ricky with his lovely wife. We hope you remember the brilliant food and the beers we had in the Speyer Domhof?

Anyway, it was a real pleasure to have you here - and after the show all the pilots said to me: Let's have these gents and see them again next year on the 19th of April 2008!

All the best, Horst
Old 23rd October 2007, 20:32

Christian Schulz is on a distinguished road

Been there, too (and left 200€ for books and other material ). I saw the "Old Eagles" but I figured they'd be busy enough given the number of people around them so I left them alone. Although, I must admit that, I had toyed with the idea of letting Hajo Hermann sign my two volumes of the "Jagdgeschwader 300" chronicle (but when I overslept in the morning I abandoned that plan ).
Old 23rd October 2007, 23:31

bn785371

Hi Horst,we had just left the Spyer Domhof when your party arrived,Schuck was in a good mood.
Wonderful meeting!
Old 27th October 2007, 16:49

Mark Copeland is on a distinguished road

Horst,

Hello friend!! I have been called many things but never a.....monument!!
I love it!!!

How can I express in mere words alone how grateful I am to you, your lovely wife and the rest of the people that made this wonderful event possible. It was not only a wonderful chance to meet these special gentlemen, but the whole experience was done with class and professionalism.

You do a great service to these fellows in a world that seems to want to just forget about them. I think they all really enjoyed themselves. Let's do it again in the Spring right?

In the meantime, I will be in touch!!!

Thanks again for all your kindness and hospitality Horst!!! You are an amazing man sir!!

Mark Copeland
Old 1st November 2007, 14:26

Polizei is on a distinguished road

Horst
Just returned from our trip to Germany and wanted to say thanks for all of the hospitality that your wife and you showed us. We had a super time at the dinner with the Old Eagles and the next day at the show. A vacation is always much better when you can make new friends and I was able to do that on this trip. And the beer was great.

Thanks again,
Rick and Deborah Miller
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:12

Andre Stewart is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Luftwaffe Aces meet.-. and have new record in Speyer

Hi Horst,

Thanks for the kind mention, and sorry for my very late reply. I'm back at work and a little tied down...

Yes, I did have a wonderful time, and it was a great honour not only to meet Karl-Fritz Schlossstein, but all the other Aces as well.

As Mark has so aptly put it, you do a great service to these kind gentlemen. Please continue your efforts, and I hope to be able to join you and the Aces in the next such event.

Once again, many thanks.

Andre