Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Old 8th April 2005, 00:14

G. Warrener is on a distinguished road
Unhappy ebay grizzle

Hello (how TOCH has changed......;-) )

I am not usually a BAD loser - but I would like to grizzle a little about EBAY developments. It will make me feel better, and stop me from kicking the cat!

Like many others, I have often bid for - and less often won - photographic prints taken by (mainly) German military personnel during WW2.

The value in cash of such prints - is intrinsic - my own ebay 'area of interest' is mainly in photographs of French aircraft or tanks in varying states of distress during the 1939-1940 period.

It is hard to place a cash value on such prints. Recently however I have lost many auctions to a Canadian bidder (S?d?k-13) who seemingly has limitless finances -as well as a very efficient software program enabling last-minute killer bids. If I estimate his financial outlay over the last months - it is clear that he is a seller's dream.

Discrete enquiries suggest he may be buying on behalf of US publishers. If so - then I must anticipate a massive work on the Blitzkrieg from the USA sometime in the future.

Earlier this evening, this bidder won an auction for a 6 x 9 cm print of a very derelict Koolhoven FK 58. The skeletal remains of the plane had no markings enabling a positive identification - beyond a/c type - as well as suggesting that it had been destroyed on the ground. When I bid - seconds before the auction closed - the price was in the region of 15 Euros - my bid was rejected by ebay - and it was evident that the winner had paid Euro 249 for this print.

The same bidder has - I am informed - paid Euro 600 for a photo of a completely nondescript German Pz Kpfw. IV tank.

My own knowledge of his purchases shows that he is buying up almost anything- at such grossly inflated prices.

I cannot top his prices. One side of me says: forget ebay photos - the other side says - keep bidding and make him pay more for his pleasures.

This bidder is of course saving me a lot of money - but I do hope (despite the evidence to hand) that all these photographs will end up eventually in print......

Graham

Old 8th April 2005, 09:28

robert_schulte is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ebay grizzle

From my own experiences I would say, that behind this ebay-name (s****13) is not just a single person but probably a syndicate of several people with a big money pool. I have sold two times photos (achieved only a couple of Euros) to this member and got two persons to turn to with completely different names, however with the same adress (names and adress are available).

I don't know the policy of ebay, if this is allowed, perhaps this could be a point to be reported to ebay. If this member really uses a sniper software, this surely would be a point interesting to ebay, since this is forbidden, however difficult to prove.

Hopefully this member some day will have collected enough photos to stop buying at ebay......
Old 8th April 2005, 22:10
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

Graham and Robert, I too witnessed our beloved *****13 bidder and overbidding me on numerous occasions. If a picture is of high value to me I have no problem in bidding high but prices of 600+ Euro for one picture is ridiculous. I would like to know who this character(?) is.....John.
Old 8th April 2005, 22:32
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

I am the eternal second bidder to 'sudek13', my fellow Canadian eBayer(s). Certainly, he/they is/are cursed by many people, not only myself.

I quickly calculated that in the past year he/they spent more than 1 million Euros on photos (not only airplanes).
Yes, one million Euros!

Dénes
Old 12th April 2005, 17:08

Rasmussen is on a distinguished road

The practise of "sudek13" (using of sniper software - forbidden on ebay) was reported to Ebay control and "he" is under observation. Let's waiting.

Last edited by Rasmussen; 12th April 2005 at 17:11.
Old 23rd April 2005, 17:20

robert_schulte is an unknown quantity at this point

A wonder has happened, s****13 has been topped

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=6171437257
Old 29th April 2005, 22:16
Alter Hase

It appears that lately 'sudek13' has either diminished greatly his activity, or vanished for good...
Old 30th April 2005, 21:26
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

He just bought a Bf 109G-14 picture for 314 Euro.....
Old 1st May 2005, 17:28
Alter Hase

Well, apparently he did not retire, but definitely scaled down his operations.
He now lets little guys to scoop a few crumbs...
Old 2nd May 2005, 23:38

G. Warrener is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: ebay grizzle

I slowly get the feeling that Sudek13 is BORG. Bidding for nice pikkies on ebay is always like swimming naked among piranhas. After a while you learn how a shoal reacts - which have the longest teeth etc. Sudek13 is something else - either someone forgot to shut the Stargate - or somewhere in Canada the Borg have landed........

If only he/it/they would show a specific interest......sometimes it is tanks then Luftwaffe then French wrecks - I fart in his/her/its/their general direction

Graham