Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 3rd September 2019, 15:22
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Leopold Münster

Dear All,
I have just come across such a photo of Leopold Münster:

https://de.metapedia.org/wiki/Datei:...C3%BCnster.jpg

He seems to be wearing a wedding ring. Was he married? He was very young, he was twenty-three when he was killed, and the photo was probably taken much earlier, when he was an Unteroffizier.

Thank you in advance.
Old 3rd September 2019, 15:54
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Leopold Münster

Once again, I can only recommend German genealogy sites for this kind of information. Münster must be on a branch of someone's family, however remotely, and family history researchers delight in following these branches.
Old 3rd September 2019, 21:19
Alter Hase

Dear Nick,
Thank you for your anwer, but I don't think it would be possible with the current European data protection law and, moreover, Leopold Münster lived in an area that is now in the Czech Republic, so his family must have moved to some place in Germany. I was hoping that someone would have, for example, his "Verlustmeldung", because such documents contained such information.
Old 3rd September 2019, 22:11
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Maria View Post
Dear Nick,
Thank you for your anwer, but I don't think it would be possible with the current European data protection law and, moreover, Leopold Münster lived in an area that is now in the Czech Republic, so his family must have moved to some place in Germany. I was hoping that someone would have, for example, his "Verlustmeldung", because such documents contained such information.
My understanding of the Data Protection Regulations is that they do not affect the exchange of information for social/non-commercial purposes. The existence of sites such as ancestry.com (and its different national branches) demonstrates this, and my partner’s experience is that there is a lively and enthusiastic exchange of information there. Furthermore, marriage in Europe is a legal status, regulated and registered by the state and is as such a matter of public record. As such, you should be able in principle to locate such records (if they survive) and genealogy sites offer you a shortcut because large quantities of such knowledge are pooled there.
Old 3rd September 2019, 23:44

ssg keay has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Not necessarily true. I live in Germany and I was trying to trace my mother's family through online research and can forget it. The problem is that so many records were destroyed during the war and during the cold war.
Old 4th September 2019, 11:18

lilsis is on a distinguished road

hi Theresa,

hi lived by Leopoldine Berger (his aunt) she lived in Hochheim Kreis Neutistschein in 1944 . if you like to follow the genealogy you can try to ask the HOK ( Heimatortskartei in Passau ) where she lived after 1945. regards
Old 4th September 2019, 12:01
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg keay View Post
Not necessarily true. I live in Germany and I was trying to trace my mother's family through online research and can forget it. The problem is that so many records were destroyed during the war and during the cold war.
As I said “in principle … if they [the records] survive”. In Britain at least, there are many possible avenues: church records, wills; property ownership documents; newspaper announcements of births, deaths and marriages; census returns; burial registers; business directories and so on.
Old 4th September 2019, 13:21
Alter Hase

Dear Ursula,
Thank you very much for your answer. If he lived by his aunt, maybe he wasn't actually married... What surprised me was the wedding ring he wears in the photo. Or maybe it's an engagement ring... I don't think I'll have the time to investigate it further.

Best regards,
Teresa
Old 4th September 2019, 13:25
Alter Hase

Dear Nick and Ssg Keay,
Thank you for your tips. I don't think I'll have the time to investigate it any further. I was just hoping someone had a document explicitly stating that he had been married or unmarried, because such documents existed. If someone had his Soldbuch or Verlustmeldung, it could be stated there.

Best regards,
Teresa