Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines > Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles

Jagdgeschwader 1, 2, 4, 5 & Sturmstaffel 1 Chronicles by Erik Mombeeck

Old 9th June 2007, 15:26

sveahk
Re: New JG 2 book

I received my JG 2 book in the mail yesterday and, although I've just been able to browse through it (300 pages), I'm definitely happy with what Mombeek, Roba and Goss have accomplished. Build up in the same way as Mombeek's classic JG 4 and Jg 5 books, day-to-day personal accounts in a historical context with lots of photos (1000?), good quality all through, and even with my rudimentary French this is a must read! Good job, Erik!!

Cheers
Hans
Old 30th June 2007, 10:36

Von Alles

Hi,
got my book this week : impressive !!
I am very happy that it will be a full story of the Richthofen saga.
Now i am waiting with impatience for the following volumes !
Congratulations Mr MOMBEECK !!
All the best
Von Alles
Old 6th November 2007, 18:24

Tom Semenza

Erik,

I would like to make a suggestion to you and other authors of non-English books. Rather than producing English language versions why not just supply an English translation for the text and captions. Printing these would be very inexpensive and they could be sold as an adjunct with the book or separately to those who may already have the book.

By the way I have all of your books so far except the JG 2, keep up the excellent work.

Best Wishes,

Tom
Old 8th November 2007, 20:11
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

That solution is a bit awkward: it would make proper book reading impossible as one would constantly need to switch between the book itself and separate translation sheet. Of course, if one could buy the text translation for e.g. 5 bucks without needing to buy the book itself, the by all means. But no way on earth I would pay the full price for the book plus extra for the translation.
Old 29th December 2008, 20:27

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

Mombeeck/Roba JG 2 history Vol II (French) awarded 'book of the year' over at aerostories, one of the more important French forums

http://www.aerostories.org/~aerobiblio/mot47.html
Old 6th October 2009, 03:11

Nick Veltjens is on a distinguished road

Hi Erik
I'm glad your book on JaGe II is finally out. My book on Josef (Seppl) Veltjens is also finished and available through amazon.com:
"Seppl, a step ahead of politics" by Klaus Veltjens. Klaus is my official name, but I am generally known as Nick.
His life was full of secrets that were not widely known.
Old 15th October 2014, 23:34

Rasmussen is on a distinguished road

Why in volume 1 is used an picture without the permission of the owner (was used the copy of the picture in JFV-series)?
Old 16th October 2014, 00:06
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Why in volume 1 is used an picture without the permission of the owner (was used the copy of the picture in JFV-series)?
A question you could easily have asked directly via a private message, so why didn't you?