Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Movies and Documentaries

Movies and Documentaries Please use this forum to review or discuss movies and documentaries.

Old 23rd August 2017, 09:47

Alfred.MONZAT will become famous soon enough
Re: Dunkirk

They received the minimal mandatory screentime considering that about half of the troops in the pocket were French. So there's is really nothing to complain about (particulary compared to the inconsistencies I mentioned previously) but as a French, of course I would have been glad to see more of them.
Old 21st September 2017, 20:14
Alter Hase

Leendert will become famous soon enough

Spitfire 1a G-CGUK and G-AIST, and Hispano HA1112-M1L Buchon G-AWHK were used for the air actions.
Also Spitfire Vb G-CISV.

Haven't seen the movie (yet), so more a/c may have participated.

They were based at Lelystad and sometimes Hoogeveen airfields, the Netherlands, during the filming of "Dunkirk", around July 2016.

The fishing port of Urk in the IJsselmeer (the former Zuiderzee, or Zuyder Zee for our English speaking friends) was the place for the ship actions.

And if Belgium was forgotten in the movie: the seaside town of De Panne (La Panne) played a quite important role in Operation Dynamo as well.
But then of course the film is called "Dunkirk" and not "La Panne".

Regards,

Leendert
Old 22nd September 2017, 00:50

jednastka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokose View Post
Looked like one appearance of a Beaufighter.
The aircraft in question is a Bristol Blenheim I. There is one flying now.

Vic
Old 14th October 2017, 10:30
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

As an aside, watched Wonder Woman (I know I know) last night & was impressed with the general accuracy in the battle scenes down to the markings on the Fokker & even the pilot's watch
Old 15th October 2017, 08:07

Sussy9845 is on a distinguished road

Waiting for the ultra HD release of Dunkirk, rumored to come out the beginning of last year. Should look amazing.
Old 17th October 2017, 13:53
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
As an aside, watched Wonder Woman (I know I know) last night & was impressed with the general accuracy in the battle scenes down to the markings on the Fokker & even the pilot's watch
And, in a similar vein, here is the Ju 87 stage prop from the "Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains" exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum.

When the maker got so much else right, why the "7R" unit code?