Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 27th February 2016, 21:49

randomclarke is on a distinguished road
Knights Cross recipients poster

Folks, I've decided to see if there is anyone interested in acquiring this poster for $50. You can view photos and inputs from members of this forum under my January 11th posting under the same title. Please note that the poster is in what I would call "delicate" condition with discoloration and some separation at the folds. If more photos would be helpful just let me know.

COMMENTS I RECEIVED FROM SOMEONE WHO RESPONDED TO A QUERY I PLACE ON LINE AS I TRIED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE POSTER:

The pilots shown all had received the Knight's Cross and, to represent a second award, the Oak Leaves. Each of these men are individually famous, one, at least (Hans Philipp) was already dead by the time this was printed. On the lower right is Hermann Hogebäck, who led the III/LG 1. His Ju 88 crew was unique in the Luftwaffe, as each (himself, his observer, his radio operator and his gunner) was awarded the Ritterkreuz.
The Luftwaffe photo department section Luftwaffe Ministerium for trainees (young generation ) published the stuff , in my opinion is rather rare stuff , the first time I see Dickfeld and Galland as well Captain Marseille depicted with Hitler Jugend . Also depicted G.Rall ,Maj.Oesau,Maj.Lent, Hogenbaeck etc..recepients of Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves. Interesting is the remark " after publication hang the stuff on a well visible spot "