Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 23rd April 2014, 21:55
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road
Code names for flying units and ground units (airfields)

Hi, all

Currently researching radio traffic between flying units and ground units, and have come across documents from Jagdfliegerführer Norwegen showing how they set up their communication and code names for radio traffic from aircraft to ground units (including communication with naval units), for one month at a time.

Have anyone got similar documents for other front areas?

For example, in December 1942, Oslo-Fornebu had the code name Drehscheibe from 1.12. through 6.12., Alkohol from 7.12. through 13.12., Wasserstoff from 14.12. through 23.12., Theorie from 24.12. through 28.12. and Wiedehopf from 29.12. through 31.12.

I have from time to time seen requests for information on the code language used for tactical messages - if anyone is interested I have the ones as they are referred to for communication between naval units and aircraft, some special ones for Jafü Norwegen, and some for the communication between fighter aircraft in the air.

Most of these refer to A.Fu.Luft, Anlage 6, Verf. 13 - has anyone got a copy of this?

And now, for me it is just remains to say: Radfahrer! Zirkus über Madagaskar

Regards,
Andreas B
Old 24th April 2014, 13:17
Alter Hase

ju55dk will become famous soon enough
Re: Code names for flying units and ground units (airfields)

Hi Andreas.

I have some from april-may 1944, and some others from a crashed NF.
I will contact you directly;-)

Jørn