Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 31st August 2019, 10:21

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 has been sent to the printer!

Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 has been sent to the printer! The hardcover edition with aircraft color profiles etc will arrive here on September 25, according to the printer.

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...ban-1942-1943/

Then I will post all the pre-ordered books immediately, without any delay!

Yes, everyone who has ordered a signed copy from me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com will receive a hardcover copy with aircraft color profiles etc.

I am publishing this entirely by myself, and have no economic means for marketing etc. Also, I have not been able to get a book distributor in the United States. That is the reason why in the United States there is only a soft-cover edition without any aircraft color profiles available via Ingram Spark. But io course, people living in the United States who order the book from me, will receive the hardcover edition with aircraft color profiles etc.

All help to spread the word about the book on the Internet, etc, and to ask book stores and museums etc to purchase the book will be received with the greatest gratitude. This book series is, in fact, living from hand to mouth, and each subsequent volume is totally dependant on the success of the previous volume, and its crowdfunding.

Anyone who can find a new crowdfunder (who has not crowdfunded Vol. 4), willing to order a copy of Volume 5 at the crowdfunder price of USD$ 100, gets a 10 % discount off my price of USD$ 60 from me on that volume. Please ask any new crowdfunder (or anyone who wishes to order a signed hardcopy Volume 5 at my regular price of USD$ 60) to e-mail me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

I will e-mail all of you when the book is here.

Anyone of you who has not ordered a personally signed copy of Volume 4, is welcome to do so at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

The price is USD$ 60 - or USD$ 100 in crowdfunding - plus USD$ 25 in shipping.

Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 is large format, 384 pages, and contains twice as much text as in any of the previous volumes.
It is illustrated with:
* 380 photographs, many of which have never been published before because they are from pilot veterans’ private photo albums.
* Many very clear maps: Probably every single place mentioned in the book is on the maps.
* Aircraft color profiles by Jim Laurier.
* Appendices with e.g. the true aircraft losses on both sides, month by month.
* Photos of most aircraft mentioned in the book on the inside of the dustjacket.

Front cover painting by Jerry Boucher.
https://www.the-vaw.com/

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/
Old 31st August 2019, 12:17

superbee is on a distinguished road
Re: Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 has been sent to the printer!

Excellent news!
Old 31st August 2019, 14:20
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Yes, this is wonderful news!

Amazon.com does not seem to have the U.S. black and white edition listed yet. I am hoping they will offer it.

The U.S. edition of Vol. 4 is paperback and entirely b&w (except for the cover). ISBN 978-91-88441-50-8.
The U.S. edition of Vol. 4 will be published in August 2019.

If Amazon has changed plans and does not intend to carry it now, then I will have to order a copy directly from you, C.B., but although I've been buying books from European book sellers since 1970, I always used a personal check (cheque) or a credit card. No PayPal. Not then or ever as I am way too old now to be signing up for new financial instrumentalities.

L.
Old 31st August 2019, 15:25
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

Larry, PayPal is really simple. And e.g. in Finland personal cheques have not been used for private transactions for over 30 years.
Old 31st August 2019, 15:46
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Jukka,

Thanks for that! I should have known that the nation that created and built the Nokia cell phone 30 years ago would be waaaaay ahead of the very backward USA!

L.
Old 3rd September 2019, 14:59

Smile Re: Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 has been sent to the printer!

Yes, Larry, Paypal is so simple and easy.

See:

https://www.paypal.com/dm/webapps/mpp/account-selection

Otherwise, I can accept bank transfer.

However, old paper cheques can be seen only in museums in Sweden. The banks in Sweden don't accept them any more. It is kund of like trying to buy hay for your horse at a gas station. :-)

Just e-mail me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

Christer Bergström

Old 3rd September 2019, 17:37
Alter Hase

Thanks for the advice and tips, Jukka and Christer!!

L.
Old 15th September 2019, 01:46

The countdown for the delivery of Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 4 from the printer has started. One week and one day from now, according to the printer.

Christer Bergström

Old 20th September 2019, 16:03

Yesterday, Black Cross Red Star Vol. 4 was shipped from the printer.

It will take some time before it arrives at the book stores, but anyone who would like to have a personally signed copy sent by me already next week is welcome to e-mail me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com

Price: USD$ 60 plus USD$ 25 in shipping.

Please spread the word, for I am publishing this by myself and need to get very many orders to break even with such an expensive product (hardcover, 384 pages, A4 size, color profiles, hundreds of photos, many specially made maps, etc, etc).

All the best,

Christer Bergström