Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 18th March 2011, 21:27
Alter Hase

Evgeny Velichko is on a distinguished road
Re: Trying to corroborate Aleksandr Pokryshkin's aerial victories

http://www.justmedia.ru/analitika/peoples/26031

Here it is: Article about Pokryshkin and Rechkalov. In Russian.
Old 19th March 2011, 02:30

DiegoZampini is on a distinguished road

Evgeny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Velichko View Post
http://www.justmedia.ru/analitika/peoples/26031
Here it is: Article about Pokryshkin and Rechkalov. In Russian.
Spasibo bol'shoe
Kstati: Znaesh' esli nedavno byli opublikovannie novyx russkix knig o bozdushnoy bitve nad Stalingrad? Kakie iz nix ty sovietovaesh' mne?
Zhdu otvet!
Diego
Old 19th March 2011, 06:25
Alter Hase

Evgeny Velichko is on a distinguished road

Diego: Nikita Egorov is working on that book Ask him.
Old 21st March 2011, 12:07

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
"Which errors did you find?
Furthermore, even when Bergstrom tries to show impartiality, I noticed a couple of situations where the Luftwaffe suffered heavy losses in the hands of VVS, but Bergstrom did not mention at all. It seems to me that Bergstrom overemphasize German victories."
Writing about the bugs in books Bergstrom (for 1941) due to their huge number is a waste of my time.
In this forum, I wrote about some of them about 10 years ago, a few times (the number of pages, what was wrong.) I did not write about everything, because this is too much, only the main fault.
Everyone makes mistakes and I also but to make them so much?

This led it to a few hot/flame wars with Bergstrom and his supporters, who knew even less than himself, and believed in his "excellence" + perfection.

In both books related Barbarossa (also in book from 2007) there are many simple factual errors. You can see a serious lack of knowledge in the subjects described by him. There is some interesting information, but his overall credibility and professionalism appreciate very low.
In what he writes (for 1941) is messy and careless, when he lacks knowledge introduces guesses, wrong indeed. For my taste, he does not speak Russian (?).

Currently, I am not going Bergstrom point out faults.
In Poland, I have published own books and articles about the air war in Barbarossa, and about other aviation operations like VVS RKKA invasion on Poland or on Finland in 1939-1940.

I'm writing like I should write about the war from both sides do not stand too close or the Germans or the Soviets.

His books I have read, but I think they are just weak. They should be treated as secondary literature, and to double check with other publications from this period, which is plenty. Bergstrom creates a bad tool for work.

Sincerely,
Mirosław Wawrzyński