Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th December 2017, 22:19
Alter Hase

harrison987 is on a distinguished road
Re: Luftwaffe Part Identification

Bronc.

Scale is NOT necessary for an item like this.

Why you keep insisting on this, and giving people attitude about it is nonsense.

Anyone who knows Luftwaffe can immediately identify the approix. size, based on the fittings, data plates, lines, etc.

I have recovered and restored enough aircraft to know that measuring size on items like this is a complete waste of time.

This item is less than 12" across...is not Me109 or Fw190...and is not in the master list.

For the owner to measure it is not going to give you ANY more information -
the heavens are not going to open up...and all of a sudden shine light, with angels singing...giving you a positive ID of the exact aircraft type it was from, simply by him placing a ruler next to it.

In my 20 years of collecting I have never...EVER...needed to measure anything, or needed anyone to place a ruler next to an item to properly ID it.

if the owner wished to indulge in your measuring fetish...then by all means...he is welcome to.

Wing crosses...large panels...structures..."maybe" I would ask for a size...but but as I said...it is a waste of time for an item like this.
Old 4th December 2017, 22:54
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Best i can do is this part 47 Verstell Luftschrauben Anlage Argus

Last edited by Snautzer; 13th January 2018 at 18:06.
Old 4th December 2017, 23:33

Broncazonk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison987 View Post
Bronc.

Scale is NOT necessary for an item like this.

{Blah, blah, blah}

In my 20 years of collecting I have never...EVER...needed to measure anything, or needed anyone to place a ruler next to an item to properly ID it.

if the owner wished to indulge in your measuring fetish...then by all means...he is welcome to.

Wing crosses...large panels...structures..."maybe" I would ask for a size...but but as I said...it is a waste of time for an item like this.
harrison987.

With all due respect, you have revealed yourself to be an amateur: not a historian or serious researcher, but a unsophisticated parts collector--at best.

This forum is an archive of aviation history. From time to time people post photographs of physical evidence for identification. Not only is scale necessary for the proper identification of that evidence, but (1) for proper archiving, and (2) for proper future reference, scale in all of these photographs is absolutely necessary.

This is a very simple concept, for serious people.

Bronc

Last edited by Broncazonk; 5th December 2017 at 00:59.
Old 5th December 2017, 04:20
Alter Hase

Uh huh...

I suggest you look me up online before you start jumping to your ridiculous conclusions.

Your right...the fact that I own an Me109 that I am restoring...helped restore the Me109 at Planes of Fame...helped find most of the parts for the Fw190 F8 "White 1" (now with Collings)...located a Ju87 wreck for a US Collector, which is now under restoration...have helped out NUMEROUS museums - WORLDWIDE - restore their aircraft the past 20 years...and the fact that I and one largest collectors in the world...worked on 2 films as a technical adviser (one being "Dunkirk")...then I MUST be an total and complete amateur!

Thank you for helping me see the light!

I find that those who spew the most insults and garbage are usually the ones most full of shyt.
Old 5th December 2017, 04:22
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snautzer View Post
Best i can do is this part 47 Verstell Luftschrauben Anlage Argus

Sadly, that is an electrical magnetic switch...
Old 5th December 2017, 04:59
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough

Post #14 is part of a trend occurring here that contradicts the otherwise civil discourse that has been going on here for years. I respectfully ask that such exchanges either be stricken or some penalty imposed. If we are going to call ourselves civilized then we need to be civil with each other.

Regards to all,

Ed
Old 5th December 2017, 06:15

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

Hear Hear!
Old 8th December 2017, 22:58

fouine99980 is on a distinguished road

Agree with EdWest 2, educated people don't talk like Harrison987...