Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Closed Thread

Old 27th August 2008, 11:51
Grozibou

Why did you not react on this one?

8th August 2008, 15:02
Franek Grabowski
Alter Hase

Re: Book on French AF 1939-40?
I thought that it was clear. Zumbach wrote that only one French fighter pilot from Etampes actually engaged enemy.

(Grozibou : !!! Insults again. In fact half a dozen engaged the enemy and apart from Etampes the regular Groupes de chasse (GC) flew 243 combat sorties on this day (most taking off among exploding bombs and under strafing by German fighters) and they had 13 aircrew killed including 11 pilots). How many sorties did the POLISH heroes fly when Warsaw was being bombed 1939, hmmm? How many?)

The remaining chose the safer option.

(Grozibou : here we go again, more insults for the French).

By crappy aircraft (Grozibou : again!) I mean that the Poles received faulty, badly serviced ones.
I agree about disobeying orders. Unfortunately, Polish commander had no position to shot French.
BTW
Prove that the Polish losses were extremely high. (??? At least FG admits that I mentioned high Polish losses, which proves that they were no cowards).

Grozibou August 27, 2008 :

Everybody can see that neither Mr. Ruy Horta nor any other "moderator" nor "super-moderator" was upset in the least when Mr. Franek Grabowski posted the above remarks, which I reproduced without changing even one single comma or letter ("shot" instead of "shoot"). Of course the passage I put in RED was written by Mr. Franek Grabowski. Obviously Horta & Co find all this perfectly all right : I am the bad guy, only I! I for my part NEVER even suggested that Polish people in France ought to have been shot by the French!

I hope you'll explain for everybody this consipicuous difference of treatment. I am being constantly threatened with deleting my posts, closing the thread, banning me etc. (the loser would not be me but you). This is exactly what Josef Goebbels did : what he didn't like was censored away, the papers were prevented from being printed. Chassez le naturel, il revient au galop.

Your answer no doubt will be most interesting.
Old 27th August 2008, 12:04
Alter Hase

CJE
Re: Why did you not react on this one?

is exactly what Josef Goebbels did : what he didn't like was censored away, the papers were prevented from being printed.

And one Godwin point!
Game, set and match.

Last edited by CJE; 27th August 2008 at 13:49.
Old 27th August 2008, 16:31
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grozibou View Post
Re: Book on French AF 1939-40?
I thought that it was clear. Zumbach wrote that only one French fighter pilot from Etampes actually engaged enemy.

(Grozibou : !!! Insults again. In fact half a dozen engaged the enemy and apart from Etampes the regular Groupes de chasse (GC) flew 243 combat sorties on this day (most taking off among exploding bombs and under strafing by German fighters) and they had 13 aircrew killed including 11 pilots).
Zumbach was there, you have been not. His account provides enough details, so you can confront them with your documents. By the way, why have you not discussed this with Zumbach, when he was still alive?
Quote:
How many sorties did the POLISH heroes fly when Warsaw was being bombed 1939, hmmm? How many?)
I am not sure if a detailed list of sorties is available, but this can be approximated as about 100 sorties per day, each serviceable aircraft flying at least two missions per day.
Quote:
I agree about disobeying orders. Unfortunately, Polish commander had no position to shot French.
BTW
It would be good if you can provide full quote, together with your statement, that led to this one. Otherwise it could be considered Goebbels like approach.
Quote:
Prove that the Polish losses were extremely high. (??? At least FG admits that I mentioned high Polish losses, which proves that they were no cowards).
Losses do not mean any bravery, efficiency in combat, etc. Just look at the numbers of victims of German or Soviet concentration camps.
Old 27th August 2008, 20:09
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

Grozibou / Yves Michelet has been suspended for three months.

Very last warning, next time it is for the duration.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Closed Thread