Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:00

C.Moeller is on a distinguished road
Book on Nachtschlachtgruppen 1, 2 and 20 / Störkampf- & Nachtschlacht-units

Hello,
recently someone has asked if my book on Nachtschlachtgruppen 1, 2 and 20 is already available. I didn´t find it here anymore, so I make a new post.

Yes, my dissertation is published now and available, the costs are 44,50 Euros (no additional costs for shipping within Germany, Europe and others on request).
The title is:
Die Einsätze der Nachtschlachtgruppen 1, 2 und 20 an der Westfront von September 1944 bis Mai 1945.
In English: The missions of NSGr. 1, 2 and 20 on the Western Front from September 1944 to May 1945.
The book has a subtitle:
Mit einem Überblick über Entstehung und Einsatz der Störkampf- und Nachtschlachtgruppen der deutschen Luftwaffe von 1942 bis 1944.
In English: With an overview on establishment and missions of the Störkampf- and Nachtschlachtgruppen of the German Air Force from 1942 to 1944.

Further information on the book and how to order it can be found on my new homepage:
www.nachtschlacht.de
However, the book and my homepage is in German only.

The book contains the following topics:
- an overview on the literature and sources
- the reasons for establishing so called Behelfskampfstaffeln on the East Front in August/September 1942 and a chapter on the Russian night harrassing units.
- the development of Störkampfstaffeln from October 1942 until March 1943
- the consolidation of the Störkampfstaffeln and their missions until October 1943
- re-equipment with Junkers Ju 87 and re-organisation to Nachtschlachtgruppen in autumn 1943
- a chapter on personnel, equipment and training of Störkampf- and Nachtschlacht crews
- a chapter on the flying personnel of these units including age, experience, commanders, officiers, the factor “human being”
- the so called suicide and criminal units
- a chapter on the planes and technical things, the use of bombs and guns
- the training of Störkampf- and Nachtschlacht crews including training on Ju 87, experiences during training etc.
- tactics during missions, influence of weather conditions, enemy defence, cooperation with other units of the Wehrmacht
- experiences, success, losses on the East Front 1943/1944
- experiences against the enemy in the West: Nachtschlacht in Italy (NSGr. 9) and France 1943/1944 (I./SKG 10) including missions against the Allied invasion in June 1944
- training of Nachtschlacht pilots on the Focke-Wulf Fw 190
- Main part of the book: the Nachtschlacht missions on the Western Front from September 1944 to May 1945 during certain phases such as operation Market and Garden, Battle of the Bulge, Grenade etc.
- a chapter on the RADAR-like procedure EGON
- missions against Remagen bridge and the Allied bridgeheads on the Rhine
- last missions in April/May 1945
- losses (personnel and material), stock and supply of NSGr. 1, 2 and 20 (Sept. 1944 to May 1945)
- German and Allied judgement on the Nachtschlacht missions
- the book has 358 pages, over 196.000 words including over 1.600 footnotes, about 200 photos and documents

If there are any questions, please ask me.

Christian / Dr. Christian Möller
www.nachtschlacht.de
info@nachtschlacht.de