Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 3rd October 2007, 08:21

Norbert Schuchbauer
Gabor Nemeth

Does anybody have any info on this pilot? Supposedly had 26 kills while flying Bf 109's, then had 4 flights in the Me 163 and finished the war flying the Me 262. He is a Hungarian national. At one point his Staffelkapitän was Maj. Erich Rudorffer.

Anything is welcome,

Thanks, Norbert
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:57

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road
Re: Gabor Nemeth

Norbert,

I'm afraid, some of your details are incorrect about him, I'll drop you a pm soon.

Regards,
Old 3rd October 2007, 17:23
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaba Becze View Post
I'll drop you a pm soon.
We would all appreciate if you would share the information publicly - as most people do it here, on this discussion forum - to the benefit of this community.

Last edited by Dénes Bernád; 3rd October 2007 at 18:51.
Old 4th October 2007, 07:28

Norbert Schuchbauer

I Hope I did not start something unwanted. Gabor is still alive and living about 50 km south of my residence. I do not wish to cause him any trouble,

Norbert
Old 4th October 2007, 08:16

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road

Norbert,

The pm was sent. Not need to worry, I just want to fix and investigate some statements in private and do not post it in public first, because the latter may cause to me some headache later. I did it twice in Hungary (some years ago) and just targeted myself for many continuous primitive personal attacks. I just want to avoid it.

Dénes,

Not necessary to enlighten me about the purpose of this forum. I know very well, what is your main problem here (you interested in only for your personal benefits), but it is totally off-topic here...
Old 4th October 2007, 11:25
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaba Becze View Post
I know very well, what is your main problem here (you interested in only for your personal benefits)
Csaba, this appears to be a clear-cut accusation against my person. What do you actually mean by "you interested in only for your personal benefits"? (Sorry, but I don't clearly understand it). Anyway, you should either prove your accusation, or retract your words publicly.

If you would bother to check my posts here, and on the previous versions of the forum (I am active since the very beginning of Ruy's launching of the initial Luftwaffe forum about ten years now), you would see that I always try to offer answers and information, even photos, whenever I can, and sometimes I also receive answers from most forum members. That's the real purpose of this international discussion forum, a gathering of likeminded people, who try to help each other - purpose which I tought to remind you, in view of your peculiar activity over here.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:22

Peter Kassak is on a distinguished road

Csaba, Denes,

At this point I have to agree with Denes (although you both are good researchers and friends of mine, what I hope will stay unchanged)
The forum is public...so when someone asks a question, he hopes for reply. If there is a reaction, the reaction should be to the point with some info...not like "I will tell only on private basis"...
There is a PM and email option for users who want to react, who want to help but does not want to share info on public place...
I understand that sometimes information is too hot and too exclusive that is hard to put it on to the discussion. But once you start, you have to finish...

also: Zerstorer Research Work Group,
"Geschichte des Zerstörergeschwader 76"
Old 5th October 2007, 18:29

Norbert Schuchbauer

Hi All,
well since I made the request for info let me tell you that I do not care if the response is private or not. I rather have a private response then non at all, as it turns out to be in this case.

Thanks,

Norbert
Old 5th October 2007, 21:47
Alter Hase

After this unpleasant and unexpected interlude, let's return to the topic.

If Gabor Nemeth indeed had 26 'kills', then he certainly scored them while flying with the Luftwaffe (perhaps he was a Volksdeutsch from Hungary) and not with the Hungarian air force. His name does not appear in my extensive list of Hungarian airmen.

In order to find out more about him, we would need at least the ID of the Luftwaffe unit he served in while flying on Bf 109 and scoring his victories. Also, where and when did he earn his wings? Norbert, can you find out these details?

Last edited by Dénes Bernád; 5th October 2007 at 22:30.
Old 6th October 2007, 07:05

Norbert Schuchbauer

Thanks for getting back on topic. The kills are on the Bf 109 and he said his Staffelkapitän was Maj, Erich Rudorffer. That would possibly put him with either JG 2, 54 and later maybe 7. The info I have is second hand. A friend of mine listened to stories told by him regarding his service in the Luftwaffe. But this was more than 20 Jears ago. Right now Nemeth is in questionable health and I think 91 years old. He was an officer by rank. He also had 3 to 4 flights in the Me 163. During his last flight he possibly damaged a B-17 during a suprise encounter while on a training flight. He has no kills on the Me 163 or the 262. He was a British POW and interogated in England after the war.

We are trying to get in touch with him but as I said his health is poor. This is all I have so far.

Thanks for all the effords from everybody,

Norbert