Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 10th December 2021, 23:21
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
The Battle of the Wolchow Kessel in Primary German Documents, volume III

From the Stone & Stone site:

News from the Volkhov Pocket
3 December 2021
From Brian Burmeister:
"Work is continuing on The Battle of the Wolchow Kessel in Primary German Documents, volume III. It is currently at 500 pages in length. We have 289 reports left to translate. I am hoping that we will have them all translated by the last half of 2022. My hope is that the book will be ready to publish (after editing and proofreading) by early 2023. When the book is done, it should be around 600-700 pages in length. The sections that are in Volume III will consists of:

• XXXVIII Korps Ic Reports (i.e. intelligence reports. Including P.O.W. interrogation reports)
  • XXXVIII Korps Morning/Daily Ic reports
  • A report by the Spanish Volunteer Division
  • A Winter Report (prepared by the units of the XXXVIII. A.K., and their experiences during the Winter fighting, and their proposals on overcoming the difficulties of fighting in the Winter in Russia)
"Volume I and Volume II are still available from Lulu (www.lulu.com). I also still have the map set available for sale. It can be ordered directly from me."