Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Movies and Documentaries

Movies and Documentaries Please use this forum to review or discuss movies and documentaries.

Old 29th June 2022, 09:44

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road
Hungarian Me 210 fast bombers - YouTube video

Today (29 June) at 18:00 (CET) a new 25-min video will be premiered at my YouTube channel about the Hungarian Messerschmitt Me 210 fast bombers in 1944-45. It has no English subtitles yet, but I'll consider to make if there is interests for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYxZ9h-W-HA
Old 1st July 2022, 09:25
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hungarian Me 210 fast bombers - YouTube video

And a Hungarian Me 210 features on the cover of a recent French graphic novel, The Old Tiger: https://www.editionspaquet.com/catalogue-bd/old-tiger
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
And a Hungarian Me 210 features on the cover of a recent French graphic novel, The Old Tiger: https://www.editionspaquet.com/catalogue-bd/old-tiger
Nick,
Gyula Pozsgay, the author of The Old Tiger, is an old friend of mine. The video above is actually my public lecture in the book launch of The Old Tiger (Hungarian edition) which was on Zsámbék on 4 June, 2022. You can see the author of The Old Tiger near me at the first 22 seconds of the video and also the cover of the book from 0:34 to 0:44. The profile on the YouTube thumbnail was also created by him 14 years ago for my Az Arany Sas nyomában (mostly bilingual) book in 2008. Of course I greatly contributed to The Old Tiger. It has multiple language editions now and we are working on the next one (we will create multiple volumes in this form related to stories from the Royal Hungarian Air Force). I'll write a bit more about this project in the book section (but this entry was originally just about the video).
Old 2nd July 2022, 22:03
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaba B. Stenge View Post
Nick,
Of course I greatly contributed to The Old Tiger. It has multiple language editions now and we are working on the next one (we will create multiple volumes in this form related to stories from the Royal Hungarian Air Force).
Hi Csaba,

Good to hear that someone with historical knowledge was involved in this to compliment the impressive art work. Perhaps not so good to hear of all the money I will be spending on even more French graphic novels in future! I already have about a dozen titles from the Éditions Paquet "Cockpit" series (the excuse is to practise my French and add to my vocabulary).
Old 12th August 2022, 08:39

Hi Nick,

I'm planning something serious about the last Hungarian ace, who passed away in November, 2020 perhaps also in Spanish (since he lived most of his ife in Chile). So if you want to practice Spanish also, there is a future WW2 aviation project for this (but don't ask me when because I'm terriby busy with other works and especially don't ask about the release of the Spanish version, because it is just my idea yet).

Tags
1944-45, bomber, eastern front, me 210