Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 21st April 2014, 12:39

ChristianK is on a distinguished road
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source

Yep, after re-installing my OS some weeks ago I lost the ability to access Marc's album, too Tried language resetting, proxy IP sites, different ZIP codes in the registration - nothing works any more. Very sad; perhaps Flickr will change its policy in the future ...

On topic: While browsing on the web I found this picture (unknown to me) of an Erla-built (?) G-14/AS or G-10 from II./JG 3: It seems to originate from a Soviet source, so possibly the crash happened somewhere in Pomerania or Mecklenburg. Note the striking resemblancies with well-known Bf 109 G-10 490137 "White 14", which landed at Rinkaby, Sweden on 24 April 1945...Well, hopefully one more for the collection.

Cheers,
Christian
Old 21st April 2014, 12:45

Hmmm...for some reason the forum software won't display the link. So here is the photo attached:

Last edited by ChristianK; 7th January 2015 at 00:43.
Old 21st April 2014, 13:22
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Nice find Christian! Thanks.
Few weeks ago Yahoo/Flickr was in big trouble. I had to change my registration too (mail address, name and so on. Didn't accept my old password anymore; specially Flickr.)

Remember Yahoo was deeply concerned by that last "Bleed heart" security failure ...

Regards, Franck.
Old 21st April 2014, 21:25

S Sheflin will become famous soon enough

Hello Christian and Franck,

The presence of its oil filler hatch in the lower position suggests that 12+ - black is probably a G-14/AS.

Steve Sheflin
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:50
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Just (re)discovering your connection troubles coming out of a camel borne trip in Wadi Rum, Jordan. I can't add anything intelligent about those troubles: the account owner obviously can't do anything about Flickr's policy...which dirsen't even inform the owner that he is flagged...

As for your great find, Christian, I concur with Steve: it is an Erla built Bf 109 G-14/AS. The W.Nr. Digits can be faintly seen above the tail swastika.. Great find, thanks!

Cheers
Marc
Old 23rd April 2014, 19:34
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-André Haldimann View Post
Just (re)discovering your connection troubles coming out of a camel borne trip in Wadi Rum, Jordan. I can't add anything intelligent about those troubles: the account owner obviously can't do anything about Flickr's policy...which dirsen't even inform the owner that he is flagged...
Hmmm ... How Jorg do succeed to comment photos in your Flickr page then? Is he not german living in Germany? And he is not the only one....

Welcome back Marc!
Old 23rd April 2014, 19:42

I'm not Jörg, but I dare to speculate: It might have something to do with old cookies, registry entries (or something similar) on your computer, that where implemented before Flickr changed its settings and made access from Germany virtually impossible. I lost my access only after I reset my operating system some weeks ago - so something important might have been erased then...
Old 26th April 2014, 10:04
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Floks,

Back from Jordan, I tackled this morning the settings of my account. I found to my big surprise that most of my pics were on restricted and edited to be seen only by my friends. I just am finishing batch editing all 4150 pictures setting them on "safe" and "public view". This will certainly ease your access issues. Let me know if this helps, as I do hope.

Cheers
Marc
Old 26th April 2014, 10:55

Hey Marc,
know what? It works Thanks, great! Now let's hope it lasts!

Cheers,
Christian
Old 26th April 2014, 15:07

Nordpol54 is on a distinguished road

@ Marc,

nice way to solve that annoying problem. Well done, now Your flickr-collection is visible for me too.

Cheerio and "Gopfried Stutz"
Norbert