Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Closed Thread

Old 8th June 2015, 22:22

Artimesia is on a distinguished road
Re: Gottfried Dulias

VtwinVince- when your country has been bombed and there are no records, there is no defense. I honestly couldn't care less if anyone believes my Dad or not.

Dénes Bernád- he sells his book on Amazon.com, it's called "Another Bowl of Kapusta". He will be 90 years old in a few days, after we were told last Christmas Day by the doctor that he would not live more than a few days. He lives on social security and little else besides a few dollars here and there for the sale of his book.

Still not sure why people say he made this up. He hasn't gotten rich from this. He lived, suffered through and experienced an important era is history. He is living history.
Old 8th June 2015, 23:22

JohnnyB is on a distinguished road

Hi friends,

what about this entry in Kracker Luftwaffe Archive ?

Gottfried Dulias
Old 8th June 2015, 23:36
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough

Nothing can be verified.....not a single shred of evidence.....
Old 9th June 2015, 01:20
Alter Hase

kaki3152 is an unknown quantity at this point

So Gottfried Dulias is the Sven Hassel of the Jadgwaffe?
Old 9th June 2015, 01:24

VtwinVince is on a distinguished road

FYI my family are refugees from East Prussia, who came to Canada with, literally, nothing, after being completely disenfranchised by the Bolshheviks, so get off your high horse.
Old 9th June 2015, 15:12

If saying I couldn't care less if you believe my Dad's story or not is being on a high horse, I will continue to ride it. Sorry to hear about your family's struggles. From what I understand, there were thousands upon thousands like them. My Dad's family was wealthy before the war and his imprisonment in the Russian Gulags. Everything was taken from them afterward. It's one of the reasons my Dad came to the US, so he could have a chance at making a decent living. Both he and my Mom were proud to become Americans. My Dad has always been honest to a fault and never spoke of his experiences until after my Mom's death. Once he started talking about the experiences he began to have nightmares reliving the events. It was a hard time but I think ultimately cathartic. Once he got his story down with the help of his friend, the nightmares stopped. So I am glad he wrote the book and told his story if for nothing else than to relieve his deep seated anxiety and find peace within himself. Everyone deserves that.
Old 9th June 2015, 16:14
Alter Hase

Kutscha

He might be honest about his gulag experiences but he isn't being honest about his aerial victories.
Old 9th June 2015, 16:20

Oh and by the way, apparently the United States Air Force was able to verify his service record. My Dad, Gottfried was honored by the United States Air Force as an Honorary Eagle a few years back. They flew him to a ceremony in which he was given an award and the military even provided my sisters and myself with documentation and a lithograph of the pilots being honored. So my Dad must be some story teller to be able to "fool" you and the military with his made up stories. All I ever see on these posts is "no shred of evidence" etc etc. Does anyone have anything positive to say about someone who served their country and suffered terribly for it? Yes he was on the losing side, but from what I understand from my Dad, there was no way to say no to serving. Those people just disappeared. In addition, his older brother, who became institutionalized when he was not able to recover from high fever from the measles, was euthanized as part of Hitler's reign of extermination. My Dad's family got a letter saying his brother and many others in the ward caught another "illness" and died suddenly. It was only after the war that they found out what really happened. There are probably no records of that either. So I assume someone will say it's all made up. A few years back one of my friends did a search of Dad's name and found this thread and told me about it. I told my Dad there were people that were saying his story was made up. He didn't care at all, but I felt I had to defend him and that's why I post things on here.
Old 9th June 2015, 17:09
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I am going to lock this thread. It seems neither side will accept the arguments, points of the other and we're getting nowhere. Just a waste of space.

If you wish to continue this discussion on another board, please do so.
Closed Thread