Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th July 2011, 08:11

Bertrand H is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Hi Roger,

The price on your website is always "tba".

How much for this one ?

Paypal or not ?

Bertrand
Old 8th July 2011, 15:05
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road

Hi Bertrand,

The prices will only be visible when the book is ready for shipping and one can click on the order button (just a software issue: it only shows prices when one can actually order the book). The price will be 24.90€ for the book. 14.90€ for the decals (apart from wet decals, it contains dry transfer decals which are several times more expensive to produce than wet decals, but the quality is also several times better).

Yes, paypal is perfect. I dediced to go with paypal due to the high security. I didn't want to handle credit card information on my website, so you are transferred to paypal for payment and return to my website after the completion of the transaction. Bank transfer will also be possible.

Cheers,
Roger
Old 8th July 2011, 17:23

Bertrand H is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks. We are waiting the last news before ordering.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:58
Alter Hase

Hello,

I just wanted to announce that - finally! - the book is being printed and will be delivered to me before the end of August. So, I expect shipping starts from September onwards.

Each copy will be numbered by hand with its "serial number".

I am already accepting preorders at www.vintageeagle.com/store

As soon as the book is ready for shipping in two weeks, the ones who preordered the book will get it first (and with a low hand written "serial number" in it :-)

You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get an e-mail once the book is ready for shipping: http://www.vintageeagle.com/newsletter/subscriptions

Cheers,
Roger
Old 1st September 2011, 09:03
Alter Hase

Hello,

Good news #1:
The book / decals have finally arrived from the printing press and we can ship from now on.

Good news #2:
We have decided to ship from Germany instead of from Switzerland, which means considerably lower shipping costs for you. As you probably know, the Swiss Franc´s value increased dramatically over the past months. This combined with an already expensive Swiss Postal Service resulted in very high shipping costs for our readers if we continued to ship from Switzerland. Therefore, we decided to ship from now on from Germany, even if that means for us that we have to transport our products to Germany first every week. We have refunded the difference in shipping costs to all who have pre-ordered the book and/or decals and the new shipping prices are already implemented in our online shop. The book / decal price itself is not affected as these products were printed outside Switzerland.

Cheers,
Roger
Old 6th September 2011, 14:35

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

My copy of 'Captured Eagles' arrived! What an exciting publication this is! Quite stunning.

Similar in 'feel' to " LO+ST ", 'Captured Eagles' easily surpasses that volume in terms of quality of image reproduction, image size, page format and layout (its A4) and of course in terms of the extensive supplementary details presented in the lengthy English-language captions.

super work Roger...

some slightly more considered thoughts at http://falkeeins.blogspot.com
Old 7th September 2011, 10:02
Alter Hase

Hi Neil,

Many thanks for your kind words! I am glad that you like it :-)

I wanted to use this opportunity also to thank all the people who helped me finish it. The in-depth research would not have been possible without the help of many. I hope I did not miss anybody. A BIG thank you to all of you:

Peter Achs, Andrew Arthy, John Beaman, Nick Beale, Gabriel Bedo, Andreas Brekken, Marc Bressan, David E. Brown, John Carr, Carl E. Charles, Steven Coates, Peter Cohausz, Dan O’Connell, Jerry Crandall, Eddie J. Creek, Tom Davidson, Marc Deboeck, Richard T. Eger, Terry Eckert, Peter D. Evans, Robert Forsyth, Michael Fuller, Chris Goss, Eric Guillaume, Marcel Hogenhuis, Dave Hoover, George G. Hopp, Vanessa and Ben Jeffery, Paul Johnson, Anthony Jones, Jörn Junker, Peter Kwan, Dirk Lehmann, John Manrho, David McDonald, Art Medcalf, John Melson, Olivier Menu, Kees Mol, Walt Morgan, Macjei Noszczak, Ed North, Gordon Permann, Stephen F. Polyak, Tomáš Poruba, Simon Schatz, Friedemann Schell, Steve Sheflin, Chris Simmonds, Peter Taghon, Oliver Thiele, Mark Timken, Rémi Tracanelli, John Vasco, and Henry L. de Zeng.

Cheers,
Roger
Old 7th September 2011, 16:49

Micke D

Quote:
My copy of 'Captured Eagles' arrived! What an exciting publication this is! Quite stunning.

Similar in 'feel' to " LO+ST ", 'Captured Eagles' easily surpasses that volume in terms of quality of image reproduction, image size, page format and layout (its A4) and of course in terms of the extensive supplementary details presented in the lengthy English-language captions.

super work Roger...
I'm agreeing with FalkeEins totally!
I had just hoped that the new photo of the Fw 190D-13 would show more…
That’s not your fault of course, but can you please find a better one, please?
Old 13th September 2011, 08:06

Simon Schatz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Roger, hi folks!

Yesterday I also got my copy and there is just one single word necessary to describe this publication. WOW
Now, someone could say I’m entangled because I was involved in this publication, but I would say the same if I wouldn’t. The content is superb, the layout outstanding, the printing quality the best I have seen for a while, and for sure I’m 100% happy with the printing quality of my colour profiles.

Roger, I wish you all the best for your first publication and hope to see Vol. II very soon.

Cheers, Simon
Old 1st November 2011, 10:23
Alter Hase

Hi all,

Just a short update. Several posts with new information about some of the photos in the book have been posted in the "Update Section" of www.vintageeagle.com

Ju 87D:
  • Its identity is apparently W.Nr. 412211 "8M+EH" of 1./Schleppgruppe 1
  • A color footage screenshot has been added. Note the yellow lower cowling.

Fw 190 F-8:
  • Another proof has been found that the photo series was taken at Namur, Belgium, and not at Lippstadt, where this aircraft has been originally found

Me 410 Brunnthal:
  • An old auction preview photo has been found that most likely shows the tail of the Me 410 incl. its W.Nr. However, on the preview, the W.Nr. is hardly readable. Does anybody know who bought this photo?

Fw 190 Wreck:
  • Another photo of this Fw 190 has been found and the link to it posted. Apparently, the photo was taken at Pocking, Germany

Bf 109 F D-IWAU:
  • Another photo of this aircraft was published in a past Flypast magazine, where the location was given as Braunschweig. Another source stated the location as Regensburg-Prüfening.

If you have more information about any of the aircraft shown in the book, please share the information in the Update Section. You don´t need a registered account, but can post comments as a visitor. Me and all readers appreciate your support.

Kind regards,
Roger Gaemperle