Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 5th May 2020, 17:57

Edward is on a distinguished road
Re: Air War Courland update

I hope that you can get a copy of that Stalingrad photo for the Henschel 123 book.

"One of the Henschel 123 photos we would have liked to use in the Hs 123 book, but with a price tag of 118 euros, it did not end up in the collection of Air War Publications when the eBay auction ended. It is a rare photo showing a Hs 123 near Stalingrad on 11 November 1942."

https://airwarpublications.com/the-i...of-collectors/

Last edited by Edward; 6th May 2020 at 03:36.
Old 5th May 2020, 21:54

Siko54 is on a distinguished road

So excited about this project, bought both your previous books and couldn’t ask for more on the FW190 in North Africa and Sicily. Hopefully see Hauptmann Erich Bunge’s adventures in print at last...going to be worth the wait when the book finally comes.
Old 6th May 2020, 02:52

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough

Simon,

Thanks for the kind words, and rest assured that Erich Bunge will feature in the Courland book (and even more in future FW 190 in the Mediterranean volumes)!

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com
Old 6th May 2020, 07:35

Morten Jessen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
I hope that you can get a copy of that Stalingrad photo for the Henschel 123 book.

"One of the Henschel 123 photos we would have liked to use in the Hs 123 book, but with a price tag of 118 euros, it did not end up in the collection of Air War Publications when the eBay auction ended. It is a rare photo showing a Hs 123 near Stalingrad on 11 November 1942."

Me too, but so far I have not obtained it. A few people have been very kind to contact me and offer their Hs 123 photos, but this particular one has not showed up. There is still some time to dig for more material and photos. Hopefully it shows up. That said, the book will still be very well illustrated.

Thanks for your interest in the project.
Old 6th May 2020, 11:52

Slayer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
It is a rare photo showing a Hs 123 near Stalingrad on 11 November 1942."

This is not very similar to November 1942 at Stalingrad. Maybe Taman?
Old 7th May 2020, 08:31

Siko54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Arthy View Post
Simon,

Thanks for the kind words, and rest assured that Erich Bunge will feature in the Courland book (and even more in future FW 190 in the Mediterranean volumes)!

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com
That’s absolutely brilliant, cannot wait to read it! Thank you for all your help in the past too with reading/deciphering my Flugbucher, really appreciate it.

I think you’ve got everything of mine but always happy to help if you need better scans for publication and very welcome to use anything of mine if required.