Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 3rd December 2012, 18:52
Alter Hase

byron- is on a distinguished road
Allied submarine operations in greece during world war ii 1941 – 1944

ALLIED SUBMARINE OPERATIONS IN GREECE
DURING WORLD WAR II 1941 – 1944

By Byron Tesapsides

I`ve just published my last book, titled „Allied Submarine Operations in Greece during World War Two“, which reports, based on the allies war diaries, regarding the operations of the following allied submarines in the Greek waters during 1941-1944:

Parthian, Osiris, Perseus, Porpoise, Proteus, Rorqual, Sea Rover, Seraph, Shakespeare, Sibyl, Sickle, Simoom, Sokol, Sportsman, Surf, Tactician, Taku, Talisman, Taurus, Tetrarch, Thorn, Thraser, Thunderbolt, Torbay, Traveller, Trespasser, Trident, Triumph, Trooper, Truant, Turbulent, Ultimatum, Ultor, Unrivalled, Unruly, Unsparing, Unserving, Untiring, Upstart, Vigorous, Virtue, Visigoth, Vivid, Voracious, Vox, Vampire, Dolffjin, Dzik, Curie, Glavkos, Katsonis, Matrozos, Nereus, Pipinos, Papanikolis and Triton.

All those mentioned allied submarines -included British, Greek, Polish, French and Dutch subs- observed enemy movements, laid mines, landed supplies and men for clandestine purposes and harassed and disrupted the traffic between the major ports and the outlying garrisons of the occupied Greek islands and the mainland. All those operations, against the Axis forces, were not only conducted against unarmed caiques but also against heavy armed war ships.

The reader will find in that book detailed reports of all the major and minor operations based on the war diaries of the allied submarines.
It is going to help every researcher and history enthusiast who is interested in the marine operations in the Greek waters during WWII.

416 pages, price 32,00 € + shipping (via courier) Greece 6,00 , Europe or USA 12,00

Here a part of the chronicle

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7981usqjm5uc0ci

Last edited by byron-; 14th July 2013 at 19:07.
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:02
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough
Re: Allied submarine operations in greece during world war ii 1941 – 1944

Hello,

Does your book cover the loss of the "Nino Bixio"?

Col.
Old 3rd December 2012, 23:48
Alter Hase

Hi Col,

yes, it covers all the losses in the greek seas due allied submarine attacks. But "NINO BIXIO" did not sink, it was only badly damaged and was towed to Navarin.

Byron
Old 4th December 2012, 04:48

NickM

Yassou, Bryon! I hope you cover the operations of a Greek Sub that used to patrol around the Ionian Islands (My family's home region) that was called the 'Papanikolis'. My parents used to tell me anecdotal stories about her operations--it seemed that every time there was an explosion at sea (and out of sight) around Korfu & Paxos it was attributed to 'Papanikolis' notching up another 'scalp'.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:22
Alter Hase

Yassou Nick,

Of cource i am covering this for the Greeks legendary and glorious submarine. If you can understand greek, you will like that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9K4snjJgqc

regards

Byron
Old 4th December 2012, 08:35
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Nick,

Poor choice of words. l mean't 'attack on', not 'loss of'. Look forward to reading what you have to say on the "Nino Bixio".

Thanks,

Col.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:51
Alter Hase

DavidIsby will become famous soon enoughDavidIsby will become famous soon enough

Any chance of it being offered through Amazon or a comparable source for easy access to US-based buyers?
Old 5th December 2012, 08:42
Alter Hase

Where is the problem David,

you can get it directly from me and pay via PayPal

regards
byron