Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 20th April 2007, 20:13

David P. Williams is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Walter Schuck Book

Hi Horst,

I've been in Germany for the last week and dropped into Christian Scmidt books yesterday in Munich, and bought a copy of Walter Schuck's new book. The quality of the printing and photographs is great. There are several which are a little blurred but this is mostly down to war time quality of the original.

My German is o.k, not perfect, but from what i have seen i am very happy with it. You showed me the manuscript at Aces High Gallery about 8 weeks ago, but it didn't do justice to the finished article. A very nice book with a lot of unpublished photographs, i look forward to the English translation. Well done and worth every Euro!
Old 27th June 2007, 07:54

Horst Kube

In the name of Walter Schuck I want to thank you for your interest in his book "Abschuss!", from which the first issue, 1.500 copies were sold out after 10 weeks on the market due to your friendly request.

All the best, Horst Kube
Old 27th June 2007, 14:34

Smile Re: Walter Schuck Book

Hi Horst,

Congratualtions on the sales! With the book becoming ever popular does this mean we can see an English version in the near future? Any chance of speculating over a time scale. All the best and continued good luck with the book. David.
Old 27th June 2007, 16:21

Horst Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P. Williams View Post
Hi Horst,

Congratualtions on the sales! With the book becoming ever popular does this mean we can see an English version in the near future? Any chance of speculating over a time scale. All the best and continued good luck with the book. David.
David, thank you very much for your friendly words, which will encourage us to be better than...

Yes, we are looking forward to find an English and/or American publisher, who can satisfy our overseas friends in translating this book insofar as bringing the superb written adventures of this great fighter pilot nearer to a bigger "reader-auditorium."

Thanks again and all the best, Walter and Horst
Old 28th June 2007, 04:19

Horst,

Perhaps we will have the pleasure of your company and Walter's company if you decide to come back to Aces High. This would be a great opportunity to sell the book and for the hundreds of people who frequent the gallery to meet Walter again. Just a thought. Any plans to return to Wendover?
Old 1st July 2007, 07:55

Horst Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P. Williams View Post
Horst,

Perhaps we will have the pleasure of your company and Walter's company if you decide to come back to Aces High. This would be a great opportunity to sell the book and for the hundreds of people who frequent the gallery to meet Walter again. Just a thought. Any plans to return to Wendover?
Hi David, we will be glad to show up in Wendover again to meet you and the other friends there, when Aces High calls Walter. But first, on 6th of July, they come to Germany with a new Bf 109 image by Robert Taylor to let sign the prints from Walter and other WW II aces.

BTW, do you come to Speyer in October 2007? The aircraft parts, veteran show takes place on the 20th (not as earlier announced on the 13th!!!).

This time I will have Günther Rall, Hans-Ekkehard Bob, Hajo Herrmann, Ernst Scheufele, Karl-Fritz Schlossstein and naturally Walter Schuck in the Fliegerbar to talk to the collectors, sign books and posters.

Hope to see you soon - either in Wendover or in Speyer. All the best, Horst