Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st November 2013, 08:29
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Seeking color profile candidate for a 3.(S)/LG1 (later 15.(Z)/LG1) Bf110C-1 for the Polish Campaign period (09.39)

Hello,

I'm laying out the color profile packages for the dozen Bf110B and C-1s that will be used to illustrate the EoE Polish Campaign project for I./ZG1, I./ZG76 and I.(S)/LG1. I have eleven profile packages chosen or underway, but find that I don't really have a good candidate for 3.(S)/LG1. Can anyone point me to a source for photos of such an a/c, preferably with a known crew and W.Nr.? It would carry a code L1+_L. Around the end of the PC this unit was renamed 15.(Z)/LG1, with the same coding. These were the only three Bf110 Gruppen that fought in the PC.

I have the Ludwig von Eimannsberger, John Vasco, and many other Bf110 photo collections in the EoE Luft Photo DB for 1939-40, but don't really find any photos that fit what I need for this unit for Sept., 1939. There is a color profile of L1+AL in the Kagero Book "Luftflotte 1," but I'm unaware of the photo source for this. Presumably this represents the a/c flown by the unit Sta Kap, Hptm Fritz Schlief, who was shot down and KIA on 07.09.39, but as far as I know, I have only a photo of his grave and not his a/c. This would be a good profile candidate to fill this slot if I can locate a reference photo. Any others would be welcome as well.

Who can help or point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator