Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 13th April 2013, 01:48

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough
Air War Publications news

Hi everyone,

Air War Publications is pleased to announce the official launch of our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/airwarpublications. Please ‘like’ our page to keep up to date with the various projects we are working on. To coincide with the official launch, we are running a Facebook competition. Like and share our page and you are in the running to win a free copy of our Focke-Wulf Fw 190 in the Battle for Sicily book. Three copies will be given away, with one winner announced per week.

We’ve put together a 6 page glossary of common terms found in Luftwaffe publications, and have made this available for free on the company website at this location: http://airwarpublications.com/articles-downloads/book-related-material. Any corrections or additions for this would be most welcome.

Some special editions of our first book, Fw 190 in the Battle for Sicily, are available here: http://airwarpublications.com/books. These have been signed by Helmut Wenk, the former II./SKG 10 pilot who contributed much valuable material to our book.

We are pleased to have a series of three articles published in Tamiya’s Military Illustrated Modeller magazine. These are extracted from our Focke-Wulf Fw 190 in the Battle for Sicily book. The first and second parts have already been published in Editions 21 and 23, and the third part will appear later this year in Edition 25.

Finally, we are working on some exciting projects at the moment, which will be available soon.

All the best,
Andrew Arthy & Morten Jessen

Air War Publications – www.airwarpublications.com
Facebook – www.facebook.com/airwarpublications
Old 13th April 2013, 06:00
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Air War Publications news

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations. I am always looking for unpublished photos. Can you tell me how many photos are unpublished?

Thank you,
Ed
Old 13th April 2013, 11:58

Andrew Arthy will become famous soon enoughAndrew Arthy will become famous soon enough

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the response. Are you asking how many unpublished photographs there are in our Fw 190 in the Battle for Sicily book? If so, I'll be happy to go through and tally up the number for you.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.facebook.com/airwarpublications
Old 15th April 2013, 10:50

ANDREAS is on a distinguished road

Do you have any update as regards the Air War over Kourland book?
Old 15th April 2013, 12:06

Hi Andreas,

I'm still working hard on the research for the Courland project, gathering more documents, photographs and first-hand accounts. I've started the writing process, but it's really difficult to estimate when it will be completed. I'm sorry that I can't be more precise, but I can promise that it will be a fascinating and thoroughly researched story!

All the best,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com