Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 20th February 2011, 14:31
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Hello to all,

After having spent hundreds of hours in preparing my first book and decal sheet, I am glad to announce that both will soon be available via my own website www.vintageeagle.com, which went online for the first time yesterday. You will find there many preview photos of both the book and decal sheet! The book contains photos of captured German WWII aircraft in 1944/45. Each photo/aircraft was meticulously researched and is described in detailed.

At this point, I want to express my thanks to all of TOCH's members who have helped me preparing the book. Without your help and information it would not have been possible. I will do my best to mention everybody who has helped by name. I have yet to compile this big list, but I promise that it will both be published in the book and here in the announcement, when the book is ready to be ordered.

VINTAGE EAGLE PUBLISHING: ... was established in 2011 in Switzerland by Roger Gaemperle and offers high quality WW2 pictorial reports and decal sheets for scale models. My first publication ‘Captured Eagles Vol. I’ presents a fine selection of more than 80 previously unpublished photographs of German aircraft taken by Allied soldiers at the end of World War 2 when they swept across Europe towards Berlin. Decal sheets for the most attractive aircraft shown in the book will also be available. Both the book and decal sheet should be ready for shipping by the second quarter of 2011 and can be bought via www.vintageeagle.com or - later - via selected distributors.

GET INFORMED: ... if you like to receive an e-mail as soon as the book is ready in our online shop, you can subscribe to the newsletter here: http://www.vintageeagle.com/newsletter/subscriptions

BOOK: The book will also contain eight color profiles created by the renowned aviation artist Simon Schatz. David Brown helped a lot in determining the camouflage colors. There are various aircraft types such as Bf 109 G/K, Fw 190 A/D, Ju 88 A/G/T, Ju 188, Me 410, Me 262, He 162, Ju 290, He 111, He 219, etc. Highlights include a previously unknown Fw 190 D-13 and the first photographic proof that the Ju 88 G-7 actually entered production at the end of the war! Each photo was well researched and is described in detail. If new information comes to light, you will find it in our Update section.

DECALS: A decal sheet for the four most attractive aircraft shown in the book (2x Fw 190, 1x Bf 109, 1x He 162) will also be available in 1/32 and 1/48 scale. Stencils and smaller markings are supplied on a high quality dry transfer decal sheet (printed by Hobbydecal from Korea), while national markings, tactical codes and emblems are supplied on a high quality waterslide decal sheet (printed by Cartograf from Italy). Each stencil and decal was meticulously researched and prepared specifically for these four aircraft. The 12 page manual includes detailed description about how to use both wet and dry transfer decals, where to place the decals onto the model and how the camouflage scheme of each aircraft looked like.

UPDATES: You will be able to discuss each photo in our book at our Update section at our website. Every single photo that was published in one of Vintage Eagle's books has its own page. Every visitor can comment and/or share his knowledge. Thereby, you have always access to the latest information, amendments and/or corrections.

ALBUM: From time to time, we will publish previously unknown photos from our personal collection at our Album section.

Last but not least, if you like the concept please spread the word and tell your friends.

Best regards,
Roger
Old 21st February 2011, 01:17

Don Pearson
Re: Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Looks great!

Don

Last edited by Don Pearson; 22nd February 2011 at 01:53.
Old 21st February 2011, 03:47
Alter Hase

Jim P. will become famous soon enough

Congrats Roger.
Old 21st February 2011, 15:07
Alter Hase

Hi Don & Jim,

Many thanks for your kind words! :-)

Cheers,
Roger
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:02

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough

great job...many congratulations

Neil
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:36
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Back top the topic, Roger,

When will your opus be published? Looking forward to discover it. Did you find some unknown Bf 109 G's? Or even K's?

Cheers
Marc
Old 26th February 2011, 10:30
Alter Hase

Hi Nick and Marc,

Thank you!

I am finalizing the layout of the book, then it needs to be read by several people to make sure I did not miss any mistake. It will also take some time from printing order to actual delivery from the printing company. But I guess in 2-3 months it should be ready.

Yes, there are some Bf 109 G and Bf 109 K photos in it. I have more but kept them for a second volume. I wanted to have a good balance of different types of planes in the book. There are photos of a Bf 109 F-2 used by Daimler Benz for engine testing, a Bf 109 G-10 (of which you can find the profile at the store section of my website), a factory-fresh Bf 109 K-4 with undercarriage doors and two photos of a JG 3 Bf 109 K-4. There are many Fw 190 A/F/D photos.

Cheers,
Roger
Old 26th February 2011, 10:53
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Ah Roger,

You make my day with your excellent news! Count me in when your opus is published

Cheers
Marc
Old 15th May 2011, 20:26
Alter Hase

Hi there,

I am back with a small update.

I am in the final stage of the preparation of the book and I expect that I can order it from the printing company by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, I have updated my website with photos of a first scale model (Fw 190 A-8 of JG 2) that was built using Vintage Eagle Publishing's VE001D decal sheets by Roland Forrer aka Supermario. This aircraft is one of four possible subjects that can be built with out VE001D decal sheet, which include both wet and dry transfer decals of the four most attractive birds shown in our book 'Captured Eagle Vol. I'

Some photos of Roland's completed model can be found in my album section, where I have also posted some previously unpublished photos from my personal collection.

Cheers,
Roger

Old 7th July 2011, 21:45
Alter Hase

Smile Re: Website for my first book and decal sheets online!

Hello,

Today, I ordered the proof from the printing press. I should receive it by next Monday. If all is fine, I'll order the book on Monday and expect delivery within two weeks. So, almost there after a huge amount of work.

The book is in A4 format, has 72 pages, 91 photos of which several color photos, 8 color profiles and 3 color emblems. More than 95% of the photos have never been published before (as far as I am aware; I own the originals of most photos and they came mostly from estate sales).

More news when the book is actually ready for shipping :-)

Cheers,
Roger